Is Yahoo email down?

  • jlsandkes
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 11, 2013

      I have not been able to access my email for over a day due to "extensive maintenance to improve Yahoo! Mail" is everyone else having this issue.  Does anyone know when it will be back up?
    • Donna Lee
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 11, 2013
        Yes it is for some but not all

        Donna Ford Lee
        Tulsa, OK
        USA

        I have not been able to access my email for over a day due to "extensive maintenance to improve Yahoo! Mail" is everyone else having this issue.  Does anyone know when it will be back up?

      • Jason M.
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 11, 2013
          Yes, this is a widespread problem for a portion of Yahoo! Mail users that has even been reported in the mainstream media.

          -Jason

          I have not been able to access my email for over a day due to "extensive maintenance to improve Yahoo! Mail" is everyone else having this issue.  Does anyone know when it will be back up?

        • CF
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 11, 2013
            It's been working for me, although there have been periodic slowdowns which is typical of Yahoo, both mail and groups.

            CF

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 12, 2013

              Yes!!  Al kinds of problems!!  NEO ignores the protocols for verifying ID and Password that had been so effective in Classic. At one of Yahoo help telephone numbers I ended up talking with a stringer from an outfit "AMMYY" alleging Yahoo had a bunch (4000 +/- ) of 'suspicious' accounts. For the past two days, I've had real trouble accessing my account because of 'password issues'.  I've used the same password for the past 11/12 years. But since NEO, I've been forced to change password at least 5 different times Ugh!

              Among  other things, I believe these are Consumer/confidentiality issues and have been visiting  the Ca Dept of Justice pages.  I'm trying to find out how the Cnange.org petition is doing.

            • jeff54il
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 12, 2013

                Yup - me too - seems Yahoo are having some problems with POP and IMAP.  When will it be back up?  Your guess is as good as mine.