Closing Yahoo Grpups

  • CJB
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 29, 2013
      Due to the complete and utter mess that Yahoo Groups is now in - to
      say nothing of the removing of all of my customisation to make them
      unique - I am closing / deleting those that I started and moderate. I
      will be sending out notifications to all members with the reasons why.

      I could just about put up with the cr*ppy Neo layout and functionality
      but Yahoo has replaced one of my Group's homepage photo with that of a
      guy with his arm round a young girl which is TOTALLY unrelated to the
      Group's topic which is Tall Ships aka windjammers.

      I am certainly NOT promoting pedo / paedo behaviour on my Groups.

      CJB.
    • mike bader

        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 29, 2013
          a very small girl and a tall guy - with an intimate arm around girl's shoulders walking along the beach. AND I can't change the pictures they've imposed. Indeed I can't re-customise my Groups' respective home pages at all.

          All the changes - without warning - mean that I have to waste time trying to find out how to bring back the Groups appearances to how they were before. Its easier just to delete them.

          CJB.

          Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Closing Yahoo Grpups
          To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 29, 2013
            You should be able to change the banner by hovering over it, & an edit button should appear. Click on that, & you should be able to upload the image of your choice.

            **Sasafrass452**
            http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
            http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com

            To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Tuesday, 29 October, 2013, 15:10

            7:30 AM, CJB wrote:

            Due to the complete and utter mess that Yahoo
            Groups is now in - to
            say nothing of the removing of all of my customisation to
            make them
            unique - I am closing / deleting those that I started and
            moderate. I
            will be sending out notifications to all members with the
            reasons why.

            I could just about put up with the cr*ppy Neo layout and
            functionality
            but Yahoo has replaced one of my Group's homepage photo
            with that of a
            guy with his arm round a young girl which is TOTALLY
            unrelated to the
            Group's topic which is Tall Ships aka windjammers.

            I am certainly NOT promoting pedo / paedo behaviour on my
            Groups.

            CJB.

            3D Marine Aquarium Screensaver Preview
            Free 3D Marine Aquarium Screensaver
            Watch dolphins, sharks & orcas on your desktop! Check it out at www.inbox.com/marineaquarium
          • km
            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 29, 2013

              My husband has changed several of his group sires pictures. I don't know the how's of it just that it can be done.

              The picture you describe sounds more like a father-daughter type thing. I would strongly recommend that before making such horrid accusatory/inflamatory comments about yahoo that you take a breath and leave it at "the stock photo does not match up with my group".

              Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

              Date: Tuesday, 29 October, 2013, 15:10

              7:30 AM, CJB wrote:

                    Due to the complete and utter mess that Yahoo
              Groups is now in - to
              say nothing of the removing of all of my customisation to
              make them
              unique - I am closing / deleting those that I started and
              moderate. I
              will be sending out notifications to all members with the
              reasons why.

              I could just about put up with the cr*ppy Neo layout and
              functionality
              but Yahoo has replaced one of my Group's homepage photo
              with that of a
              guy with his arm round a young girl which is TOTALLY
              unrelated to the
              Group's topic which is Tall Ships aka windjammers.

              I am certainly NOT promoting pedo / paedo behaviour on my
              Groups.

              CJB.

                  Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

            • Chris J Brady
              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 29, 2013
                Thank you - that kinda worked accept that it truncated the top and bottom.

                But I had to download the photo first and then re-upload it.

                And there are absolutely NO instructions in the Group FAQs or Help sites about this.

                This show shows just how amateurish Yahoo is - it makes changes and then doesn't bother telling anyone how to work with them.

                Chris B.

                To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com

                    Message 9 of 17 , Oct 29, 2013
                      try yahoo help :-)

                      Yahoo help indicates
                      Height: 250 pixels Width: 1000 pixels
                      However you can
                      Try 850 X 315 pixels

                       To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 17 , Oct 29, 2013
                        The size for the home page photo for groups is 850 X 315 Pixels.

                        Donna Ford Lee
                        Tulsa, OK
                        USA

                      • mayaranger

                            Message 13 of 17 , Oct 30, 2013
                              Why not just change the pic?

                              On 10/30/2013 04:33 AM, mayaranger@... wrote:

[...]

                              3D Earth Screensaver Preview
                              Free 3D Earth Screensaver
                              Watch the Earth right on your desktop! Check it out at www.inbox.com/earth
                            • Donna
                              Message 14 of 17 , Oct 30, 2013
                                One of the groups which I deleted was called Outdoors Singles.  It had the same banner image as in your link.  To me, the image just looked like a young couple walking along the beach.  I never saw that photo as anything but what it looks like.  Because the girl has long hair, I can imagine some people might think she is much younger than what she probably is.

                                It is possible to change the banner photo.   I did it with the one group that I still own.  I don't like what the constraints of the banner does to portrait style images though.  The art group that I belong to features a painting of the month from one of the artists in the group and the banner really does a number on some of these photos.

                                Donna

                                Message 15 of 17 , Oct 30, 2013
                                  Yeah - that's the one. Unacceptable. CJB.

                                  Subject: [Y-Mail] RE: Closing Yahoo Grpups
                                  To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
                                  Date: Wednesday, 30 October, 2013, 8:33

                                  picture.See it here:http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RV-Singles/conversations/topics%c2%a0

                                • karenborga@yahoo.com
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Oct 30, 2013
                                    In our pet rats groups Yahoo posted a photo of rows of test tubes....talk about horrible.

                                    We changed the photos for all of our groups except one.

                                    Karen

                                    ****

                                    This group is a just plain nice forum on RV topics and a little bit of doing it as a single person.  But I am still revolted by the picture.

                                    Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
                                  • mike bader