Latest Irritation re: Neo Basic

  • Chris J Brady
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 19, 2013
      Neo Basic was actually quite good, and was fast, lacking the Javascript bloat that inflicts Full Featured. Now they've screwed up Basic with the imposition of fake emails at the top of the lists which are sponsored adverts. The problem is that these damned adverts catch the eye all of the time because they are placed just above the newest genuine emails. But the other irritation is that - for me - they are totally irrelevant. I don't drive so damned Firestone tyres are of no interest. Facebook also advertises - I don't do Facebook due to its promotion of kiddie and animal sex sites; etc., etc. So where Basic was my place of sanity it is now no longer. Full Featured is useless - it doesn't display Inbox and other folders. Now Basic has these damned one liner pseudo-emails aka adverts. I wont even say Yahoo mail - RIP. But I will say - along with millions of others - GTH. CJB.
    • Raymond B. Normandeau NYC
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 19, 2013
        For me latest irritation is I can't find the NEXT button to go to next messsag without deleting current one.

        --
        http://www.queensbridge.us former HomePage of
        Frequent updates on Yahoo problems

        _._,___

      • Kenneth
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 19, 2013
          To go to the next or previous email, click on the extra large "<" or ">" which is displayed about halfway down the window alongside the message body of the email you're currently viewing.  Seems weird but I guess people are accustomed to considering "less than" and "greater than" symbols as alternatives for arrows.  So these "arrows" are pointing you to your previous or next email in whatever folder you're viewing.

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 19, 2013
            Also, if you're in conversation view, the < and > take you to the next or previous conversation.

            By the way, after sending the previous email, my reply showed up in the conversation view as coming from "me" to the group.  But when I selected print from the more menu at the bottom of the email, my normal sender name and email address were displayed.  And now that I'm replying to my own post, sending this again to the group, I see my sender name and email address in the quotes section below this paragraph.  No sign of "me" in anything that anyone else would see.

            On , Kenneth <justkenneth@...> wrote:
            To go to the next or previous email, click on the extra large "<" or ">" which is displayed about halfway down the window alongside the message body of the email you're currently viewing.  Seems weird but I guess people are accustomed to considering "less than" and "greater than" symbols as alternatives for arrows.  So these "arrows" are pointing you to your previous or next email in whatever folder you're viewing.

            On Saturday, October 19, 2013 1:54 PM, Raymond B. Normandeau NYC <ray60273@...> wrote:

            For me latest irritation is I can't find the NEXT button to go to next messsag without deleting current one.

          • Lorrie
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 19, 2013
              Would have been nice if they had made tose arrows a bit darker.  As they are now, they are hard to see if you have trouble with your vision.

              Lorrie
              Lorries Green World
              http://minilorrie.2itb.com
              Thompson, Manitoba, Canada

              • adeomus ********
                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 20, 2013
                  and, if you look to the right of that pale Right side arrow, you'll see a tinier arrow that will widen your page and block the ad on the right.

                  adds

                  "Say NO to NEO!"

                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 20, 2013

                    and, if you look to the right of that pale Right side arrow, you'll see a tinier arrow that will widen your page and block the ad on the right.

                    I switched to Neo Basic and I don't see the tinier arrow

                    --
                    Long Island City Art news and other area HOT news at
                    http://www.queensbridge.us former HomePage of
                    Frequent updates on Yahoo problems

                  • babbvt
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 20, 2013

                      Chris - did you know that  Yahoo displays the full header of your email?

                      Message 10 of 10 , Oct 20, 2013
                        Yes - the header is of no interest.... far too techie!! CJB.

                        Subject: [Y-Mail] RE: Latest Irritation re: Neo Basic
                        To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com