New Yahoo Mail - in header instead of my email address - now shows "Me"

  • Elizabeth
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 18, 2013
      How do I get my email address to show in To and From section of email, as in old Yahoo?

      Instead it now shows as "Me" meaning that if email is forwarded by one of the recipients to another person, that person has no idea who "Me" is.

      Also if print, email shows "Me" not my email address.

      PLEASE can someone urgently advise me how to rectify this??

      Tks
      Liz
    • Donna
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 18, 2013
        Liz,

        Somebody in one of my other groups mentioned that he was now seeing "Me" on his messages instead of his name.  It may seem kind of dumb; but, I think Yahoo must think all of its Mail users are so dumb that they wouldn't be able to tell which messages belong to them.  I'm sure that if you were in a group that had more than one "Liz", you would be able to tell which messages are yours.  But, I'm pretty sure that when the message you see as coming from "Me" will be seen as coming from your email address or whatever is your Sender ID.

        Talk about dumb changes!

        Donna

        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 18, 2013
          I don't think you can change that, but recipients should not see "me". I would assume only you see "me". I guess it's meant to be a convenience, & nothing to be concerned about.

          **Sasafrass452**
          http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
          http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
          On 10/18/2013 09:55 AM, Elizabeth wrote:

          How do I get my email address to show in To and From section of email, as in old Yahoo?

          Instead it now shows as "Me" meaning that if email is forwarded by one of the recipients to another person, that person has no idea who "Me" is.

          Also if print, email shows "Me" not my email address.

          PLEASE can someone urgently advise me how to rectify this??

          Tks
          Liz

          3D Earth Screensaver Preview
          Free 3D Earth Screensaver
          Watch the Earth right on your desktop! Check it out at www.inbox.com/earth
        • Elizabeth
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 18, 2013
            Tks for reply

            The problem is that "Me" does show in recipients email.

            Also when I try to print out a copy of email sent or received, it does not show who is the originator of the message (simply shows Me).

            Am I the only one with this problem?

            Many tks to those responding.

            Does anyone have any idea how I can get Yahoo to listen and or respond to my email enquiry? I am going to have to change email provider if I cannot resolve this, which is extraordinarly inconvenient etc.

            Kind regards

            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 18, 2013
              Hi Donna

              Unfortunately "Me" shows up in the recipients email. So when they forward my email to others in our "offline" group it shows up still as "Me".

              This is means that I have had to (at least temporarily) switch to another email provider.

              It is ludicrous.

              Does anyone know how to correct from "Me" showing up to alternatives. Donna can you see me as "Me" or can you see my email address?

              Kind regards

              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 19, 2013
                Liz,

                It appears that's just an effect of how you see your emails while in conversation mode.  I wasn't seeing what you describe at all until I enabled conversations.

                If you click on the "me" it should display your email address in a pop-up.  I would think that selecting print should resolve it to show your email address rather than "me" though I haven't tested it yet.  If not then that's an issue as a print out isn't necessarily going to be kept in just your possession.  If you print out an email and give the paper to someone else for whatever reason, "me" becomes meaningless.

                Forwarding or replying definitely should not contain the "me".  I haven't tested that either but I'm confident it doesn't.  The "me" display is what Gmail has as well and it is only an effect of seeing your address while logged into your account.  It isn't really there in the email for others to see if you reply or forward.

                Kenneth

                  Try IM ToolPack Try FREE IM ToolPack at www.imtoolpack.com
                  Capture screenshots, upload images, edit and send them to your friends
                  through IMs, post on Twitter®, Facebook®, MySpace, LinkedIn® - FAST!
                • Elizabeth

                    Try IM ToolPack Try FREE IM ToolPack at www.imtoolpack.com

                      Try FREE IM ToolPack at www.imtoolpack.com
                      Capture screenshots, upload images, edit and send them to your friends
                      through IMs, post on Twitter®, Facebook®, MySpace, LinkedIn® - FAST!

                      Smileys Preview
                      Get Free Smileys for Your IM & Email - Learn more at www.crawler.com/smileys
                      Works with AIM®, MSN® Messenger, Yahoo!® Messenger, ICQ®, Google Talk and most webmails
                    • Kenneth
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 19, 2013
                        Liz,

                        I don't know how you're testing this but, no, "me" does NOT show up in emails your forward to someone else.  Nor does it show up when you select to print an email using Yahoo! Mail's print option which you can access via the "more" link at the bottom of the email.  Those are all resolved to email addresses just like before.  The "me" you see while viewing your email from within Yahoo!'s webmail interface only exist on that webpage while you're viewing it.  And, if you turn off conversation mode, the "me" won't be displayed at all.

                        Kenneth

                        On Friday, October 18, 2013 3:08 PM, Elizabeth <lizzzabetta@...> wrote:

[...]

                      • Kenton Ayers
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 19, 2013
                          This might not be the solution you want, may not even work I don't know, but you could change the name people see when email arrives from you to your email address, which might fix the problem??

                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 20, 2013

                             i noticed that "me" disappeared when i switched off " conversations".

                            adds

                            "Say NO to NEO!"

                              Try IM ToolPack Try FREE IM ToolPack at www.imtoolpack.com