Yahoo Users Slam Latest Design Email

  • JohnKelly
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 18, 2013
    • Goutam Nath
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 18, 2013

        It was really a bad decision to roll out this new version, especially due to the fact that this new design lacked the features the old one had, they (the management) could have waited until the new design had all the features of the old one and then they could’ve rolled it out, atleast then people would not have had to face the inconvenience they are facing now. If you are doing something, do it right. When Yahoo got a new CEO I for one was very optimistic that things are finally going to take a turn for the better from now one. Nobody expects you to turn around a company so soon, people know that this is going to take a time, so why this rush? Now you have ended up with a barrage of users complaining and the media having a field day.

        Regards,

        Goutam

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 18, 2013

          I couldn't disagree more.  If you have a Facebook account and have had one for a while you would know that ANY TIME that you make a change, good or bad, people whine an moan about the free service that they have no obligation to use seems to have inconvenience them in some way.  Yes, they do have to turn the company around, yesterday.  I am not sure if you have read any of the reports, even here on Yahoo's news page but despite the changes, people are struggling to give them a chance.

          I applaud the changes and could not be happier.  Honestly, I have always been a fan of Yahoo but about three years ago, I finally accepted the fact that they were going down and fast.  I finally grudgingly went to Gmail like everyone wanted me to.  The recent changes Yahoo has been making, including this Yahoo Mail change has made me have hope that they are coming back.  It was this change that you people are moaning about, that has made me consider putting my Yahoo Mail as my primary email service again.  I've had my account open since March of 1998 and it has become a place to send my spam until now.  Yahoo has stock holders they have to report to and those people want the company turned around immediately.

          I say Yahoo! keep up the good work.

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 19, 2013
            This article is either outdated by several days, or poorly researched.  There still is a sort-by-sender option in this newest version of Neo and has been basically since the first time that I got switched over.

            -Jason

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 19, 2013

              Yes I’ve been using facebook too, I have never seen it take away features, it modified existing features on how you use it, and adds new features, buggy though some of it have been at the start but they worked to fix it sooner or later.

              I’ve also been using this yahoo account of mine since the year 2000, and this has always been my primary id for correspondence since, and still is, never ever considered switching. Yahoo’s Stockholders would only be benefitted if Yahoo’s products gains popularity and more and more people come to use it, how can you expect to gain more users if you are removing features and making life miserable for existing users? And then there’s the fact about the interface resembling Gmail, as someone has already pointed out, if he preferred the Gmail interface he would switch to Gmail and not stay with Yahoo, he was with Yahoo because he preferred Yahoo’s interface with tabs because it helped him to be more productive at his work.

              Regards,

              Goutam