NEO / YAHOO HOMEPAGE comments

  • adeomus ********
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 14, 2013
      this is on the yahoo home page today for those who may not have noticed it...
      maybe add your comments ??
    • CJB
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 14, 2013
        "But even as the CEO tries to forge closer ties with advertisers, she has made it clear that Yahoo's users come first. That is a big change from the old Yahoo, which was famous for loading its websites with advertising that critics said were overly intrusive and detrimental to the user experience."

        So nothing's really changed - Neo Mail still sucks .... and is loaded with intrusive Flash ads etc.

        CJB.

        On 14 October 2013 19:49, adeomus ******** <carpediemadeomus@...> wrote:

        this is on the yahoo home page today for those who may not have noticed it...
        maybe add your comments ??

      • Donna Lee
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 14, 2013
          This is one reason they are charging $50 for Ad Free email for new users. That is not going to fly very far! If all they are going to get is hiding ads. $50 is priced way to high for the common person let alone a person living on a retirement income like me!

          Donna Ford Lee
          Tulsa, OK
          USA

          this is on the yahoo home page today for those who may not have noticed it...
          maybe add your comments ??

        • Sasafrass452
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 14, 2013
            But wait.... there's more! You also get no account expiration :P I agree though, it's not going to work in Yahoo's favor.... $50 is outrageous!

            **Sasafrass452**
            http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
            http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
            On 10/14/2013 04:34 PM, Donna Lee wrote:

            This is one reason they are charging $50 for Ad Free email for new users. That is not going to fly very far! If all they are going to get is hiding ads. $50 is priced way to high for the common person let alone a person living on a retirement income like me!

            Donna Ford Lee
            Tulsa, OK
            USA

            this is on the yahoo home page today for those who may not have noticed it...
            maybe add your comments ??

            Free Online Photosharing - Share your photos online with your friends and family!
          • Kenton Ayers

              this is on the yahoo home page today for those who may not have noticed it... maybe add your comments ??
              http://ca.news.yahoo.com/yahoo-ceo-mayer-advertisers-attention-she-dollars-103536731--sector.html
              adds SAY NO TO NEO !
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 14, 2013
                 have a look at free ad blocking:
                https://adblockplus.org/en/firefox
                adds

                "Say NO to NEO!"

                this is on the yahoo home page today for those who may not have noticed it...
                maybe add your comments ??

                Free Online Photosharing - Share your photos online with your friends and family!

              • fggybttm

                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 15, 2013
                    I use it, & it works great :)

                    On 10/14/2013 09:06 PM, adeomus ******** wrote:

                     have a look at free ad blocking:
                    https://adblockplus.org/en/firefox
                    adds

                    "Say NO to NEO!"

                      this is on the yahoo home page today for those who may not have noticed it... maybe add your comments ??
                      Free Online Photosharing - Share your photos online with your friends and family!

                      Smileys Preview
                      Get Free Smileys for Your IM & Email - Learn more at www.crawler.com/smileys
                      Works with AIM®, MSN® Messenger, Yahoo!® Messenger, ICQ®, Google Talk and most webmails
                    • Donna Lee
                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 15, 2013
                        Good point Kenton. I do not pay attention to ads anyway. They just come with the territory of the WWW. I do not purchase on the internet as a  rule. I use the brick and mortar store. Such as Barnes and Noble over Amazon. I am one of the few that still like to feel the product and take a closer look. One can not do that through a web page.

                        Donna Ford Lee
                        Tulsa, OK
                        USA

                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 15, 2013
                            I have AdBlock installed on my browser (Google Chrome) and I have not seen a single ad since the latest version of NEO rolled out.  I am a "free" user, not a Mail Plus/AdFreeMail guy.

                            -Jason

                            Message 13 of 13 , Oct 15, 2013

                               <G>....ditto !!!
                              adds