YAHOO, MORE "improvements" !

  • adeomus ********
    Message 1 of 26 , Oct 8, 2013

       just opened my mail today and found the whole mail format changed AGAIN !!!

      my inbox is more cluttered than ever, mail is slower and more jittery than before, if that can be possible...

      the "sender" in the inbox is now the sender PLUS whoever they're replying to ( who the eff cares !?), and it shows me every mail i send right away after i send it !!
      do they think we're idiots and forgot what we just sent ?!

      and i especially HATE that the new post is AFTER the older post/s, esp a long thread or article !!!!!!!!!!!!
      how do i change that please..anyone know ????
      of course it's not as simple as it used to be: an option to have old or new first...noooooooooooooo, nothing so logical !

      ( i guess you can tell i'm in a really bad mood now)

      adds

      "Say NO to NEO!"

    • Donna Lee
      Message 2 of 26 , Oct 8, 2013
        Go up to the gear click on settings then click on viewing email and un-click conversations save it and go back to the inbox.

        Donna Ford Lee
        Tulsa, OK

        Message 3 of 26 , Oct 8, 2013
        • 1 Attachment
        • 198 KB
        You can easily disable the conversation (threaded) feature (a much requested feature). Just take a look at the image attached to see how you can do it.
        In my conversations I can see the old ones first and the new ones at the bottom, that is the normal flux of a conversation, so, nothing wrong here, since you are not obliged to use the threaded feature.
        I can, indeed, identify some problems:
        1 - How it is a smart move to make me click in "Folders" to see how much unread messages I have?
        2 - We lost the great multitasking feature that just Yahoo had. No more tabs; no more multitasking.
        3 - Notepad is now reverted the the version we used in "All-New Yahoo Mail" (remember that?).
        4 - Still no preview of videos or documents...
        5 - Neo had one of the best search engines of all webmails. Now, it is gone.
        6 - Ad Free Mail is much more expensive than Mail Plus was ($ 49,99 now).

        After all, I do like the new version.

        ---
        Henrique C. S. Junior
        http://about.me/henriquejunior
        Química Industrial - UFRRJ
        Prefeitura Muncipal de Paracambi
        Centro de Processamento de Dados

        On Tuesday, October 8, 2013 9:34 PM, adeomus ******** <carpediemadeomus@...> wrote:

         just opened my mail today and found the whole mail format changed AGAIN !!!

        my inbox is more cluttered than ever, mail is slower and more jittery than before, if that can be possible...

        the "sender" in the inbox is now the sender PLUS whoever they're replying to ( who the eff cares !?), and it shows me every mail i send right away after i send it !!
        do they think we're idiots and forgot what we just sent ?!

        and i especially HATE that the new post is AFTER the older post/s, esp a long thread or article !!!!!!!!!!!!
        how do i change that please..anyone know ????
        of course it's not as simple as it used to be: an option to have old or new first...noooooooooooooo, nothing so logical !

        ( i guess you can tell i'm in a really bad mood now)

        adds

        "Say NO to NEO!"

        alt

      • km
        Message 4 of 26 , Oct 8, 2013
          I was just "blessed" with the new format as well.  HOWEVER...

          I think I might just like it better (quick!! Run for cover, for surely the sky is falling!  LOL)

          I turned off the conversation method and tweaked a few adjustments.  The speed actually seems to be faster than it has been in a long time.

          After composing and sending, all I get is a blue bar across the bottom of my inbox that says the message was sent.

          I like that I can sort by UNREAD- I don't know if when you choose a particular sort method if it stays that way or if you have to do it each time you come to the inbox.

          The only problem/complaint I have (at this moment) is that the Folders have to be clicked on to open them.  I have several folders that I have mail automatically delivered to and previously I could glance at the list and see which ones had new mail.  The way it is now (I think) I will have to be regularly clicking the Folders icon to open the list.

          So I guess, I will have to say it is an improvement... as of right now, but I reserve the right to change my mind!  ;)

          Kathy

          Message 5 of 26 , Oct 9, 2013

            Read about the Oct 9 rollout here:

            http://www.whig.com/story/23634939/yahoos-email-becomes-more-like-gmail-in-redesign

            I reduced some clutter this way:  YM Settings/ViewingEmail and then uncheck Conversations.

            I've lost tabbing; I can no longer have multiple emails open.  Also lost is the SaveToDraft button.

            Both Yahoo Mail and Yahoo Groups is now almost impossible to use easily.

            Also the versions of Firefox and Safari being pushed on us is not available for Linux.  Up until yesterday, Linux worked just fine.  I checked Gmail and indeed, it looks just like the YahooMail with no tabbing and conversations enabled.

            ---In y-mail@yahoogroups.com, <carpediemadeomus@...> wrote:

             just opened my mail today and found the whole mail format changed AGAIN !!!

            my inbox is more cluttered than ever, mail is slower and more jittery than before, if that can be possible...

            the "sender" in the inbox is now the sender PLUS whoever they're replying to ( who the eff cares !?), and it shows me every mail i send right away after i send it !!
            do they think we're idiots and forgot what we just sent ?!

            and i especially HATE that the new post is AFTER the older post/s, esp a long thread or article !!!!!!!!!!!!
            how do i change that please..anyone know ????
            of course it's not as simple as it used to be: an option to have old or new first...noooooooooooooo, nothing so logical !

            ( i guess you can tell i'm in a really bad mood now)

            adds

            "Say NO to NEO!"

          • Lisa Esposito

              Message 7 of 26 , Oct 9, 2013
                I don't know why they keep changing the appearance. People want a simple, clean interface with proper functionality.... I can just hear the screams if it actually looked the way it appears to me!

                **Sasafrass452**
                http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
                http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com

              • gary_gladstone
                Message 8 of 26 , Oct 9, 2013

                  Things are so much better that it now takes me 5 times to delete a group of emails. I highlight them, click on delete and when email refreshes (or I refresh), they are back again.

                  Gary

                  ---In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, <y-mail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                  I don't know why they keep changing the appearance. People want a simple, clean interface with proper functionality.... I can just hear the screams if it actually looked the way it appears to me!

                  **Sasafrass452**
                  http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
                  http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com

                • CL
                  Message 9 of 26 , Oct 9, 2013
                    Thank you for this!  By going to 'settings' and clicking 'basic', I am able to use it in our version of Firefox - it actually looks pretty much like it did.  Hopefully it stays that way.

                    Message 10 of 26 , Oct 9, 2013
                      If they allowed people the choice to change, they'd end up having to maintain several versions of the mail :P This is not cost effective for Yahoo, so they can't do it that way.

                      **Sasafrass452**
                      http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
                      http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com

                    • Sasafrass452
                      Message 11 of 26 , Oct 9, 2013
                        Huh? I have Firefox 24(the latest version) on Linux & it works fine. What version of Linux are you using? Perhaps they just haven't released the update to you yet?

[...]

                        Try IM ToolPack Send your photos by email in seconds...
                        Try FREE IM ToolPack at www.imtoolpack.com
                      • Jason M.
                        Message 12 of 26 , Oct 10, 2013
                          The biggest annoyance for me - unless I am missing something - is that I can no longer use Page Up, Page Down, or the arrows on my keyboard, to navigate through a message.  I have to drag my mouse over to the scroll bar on the right hand-side of the e-mail.  This is a very counter-intuitive new "feature" and one that I hope is quickly remedied.  Unless, of course, I am missing something and you actually can still use those buttons to navigate...

                          -Jason

                          Message 13 of 26 , Oct 10, 2013

                             but if i uncheck conversations, would i not lose the group threads ?

                            i just wanna scream.
                            gov'ts should use this for torture.
                            adds
                            PS...you guys rock.

                            "Say NO to NEO!"

                            Try FREE IM ToolPack at www.imtoolpack.com

                          • ghutfilz

                              Try FREE IM ToolPack at www.imtoolpack.com

                            • justkenneth
                              Message 15 of 26 , Oct 10, 2013

                                Adds,

                                Yes, if you uncheck conversations then you will no longer have emails in conversation mode but Yahoo! has never had conversation mode before so I don't think you'll be missing anything. All your emails will be presented individually with the most recent at the top.

                                If you were starting to like the conversation mode then I think you'll have to accept that they show emails within a conversation with the most recent at the bottom.  Gmail is the same way.

                                Kenneth

                                Try FREE IM ToolPack at www.imtoolpack.com

                              • Jason M.
                                Message 16 of 26 , Oct 11, 2013
                                  One more de-provement - I've been on Yahoo! Mail on/off since 1998, and during that entire period, unread messages were always listed in BOLD in the inbox.

                                  As of last night... they are no longer.  Now there is just a green dot on the left-hand side of the inbox to separate "read" from "unread"; otherwise, they show up in exactly the same font in my inbox.

                                  Is this just my personal browser glitch?  Or are the rest of you getting this as well?  It's a baffling and counter-intuitive change, if that's what Yahoo! Mail actually intended to happen.

                                  -Jason

[...]

                                • Chuck Neuenschwander
                                  Message 17 of 26 , Oct 11, 2013

                                     aha, UP and DOWN arrows are working today.

                                    any bets on tomorrow ?

                                    Message 18 of 26 , Oct 11, 2013
                                      Mine was like that.  Last nite I changed to SLIM and now the read messages are not as bold as the unread ones.  I also use FF.

                                      Lorrie

                                      Lorries Green World
                                      http://minilorrie.2itb.com
                                      Thompson, Manitoba, Canada

                                      Message 19 of 26 , Oct 11, 2013
                                        All my new mail has a purple "ball" just to the left and the unopen email is bold black. The opened mail is not bold black but just black with the purple ""ball" gone.

                                        Donna Ford Lee
                                        Tulsa, OK
                                        USA

                                        Message 20 of 26 , Oct 11, 2013
                                          Id this same thing yesterday- I thought I had done something in my "fiddling" with the settings.  I did the clear cookies, cache etc. and it seemed to fix it.... at least for now. (I didn't have a green dot though)

                                          Kathy

                                          Message 21 of 26 , Oct 11, 2013

                                            at least i don't have to have the headache of wading through all previous stuff
                                            to get to the current.

                                            i despise conversations !!

                                             thank you so much, Kenneth !

                                            adds

                                            "Say NO to NEO!"

                                            Try FREE IM ToolPack at www.imtoolpack.com

                                          • fggybttm

                                              Try FREE IM ToolPack at www.imtoolpack.com

                                            • fggybttm

                                                Try FREE IM ToolPack at www.imtoolpack.com

                                              • mayaranger

                                                  Try FREE IM ToolPack at www.imtoolpack.com

                                                • mayaranger
                                                  Message 25 of 26 , Oct 12, 2013

                                                    I still have the un-bolded read emails.  They are in bold until I read them and then in un-bolded font.  Like you, I would very much miss that.

                                                    I'm using the Chromium browser (not to be confused with the Chrome browser which is the proprietary version of the open source Chromium by Google).

                                                    Chromium Version 22.0.1229.94 Built on Ubuntu 12.10, running on LinuxMint 14

                                                    Try FREE IM ToolPack at www.imtoolpack.com

                                                  • mayaranger

                                                      Try FREE IM ToolPack at www.imtoolpack.com