Re: [Y-Mail] Messages not arriving

  • Chris J Brady
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 7, 2013
      Yes - I am finding that a number of emails (1 to 4 a day) to folks in my contacts list are eventually bounced back as undeliverable. This has only started happening in the last week. But its incredibly annoying. I send emails to contact folks - otherwise why bother. So when they end up being bounced back - for no reason at all - I get irritated.

      Subject: [Y-Mail] Messages not arriving
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, 7 October, 2013, 14:45

      Recently
      I've been getting failure notices for occasional
      messages I send out (including one I sent myself!). This is
      especially inconvenient as the failure notice can take a day
      to arrive, meaning that resending the email will not be
      particularly timely.
      Anyone
      else having this problem?

      Robin Siegel
      https://www.facebook.com/MCMDLostPets

      ===
    • Donna Lee
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 7, 2013
        No but it might be maybe your ISP is having problems. I do not know. I am not having that kind of problem.

        Donna Ford Lee
        Tulsa, OK

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 7, 2013
          But Chris when you write to yourself is it bouncing? I believe that even his own account was bouncing.

          Donna Ford Lee
          Tulsa, OK

          To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 7, 2013

            I just got word it took 9 days for an E-Mail I sent to arrive. And I've also had mail bounced back. E-Mail is no longer reliable.

            Fred

            ---In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, <y-mail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            Recently I've been getting failure notices for occasional messages I send out (including one I sent myself!). This is especially inconvenient as the failure notice can take a day to arrive, meaning that resending the email will not be particularly timely.

            Anyone else having this problem?

          • ghutfilz
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 8, 2013

              This is not a new problem; it has been occurring periodically for nearly two months.  All of the rejects I have experienced have been directed to other major e-mail providers: Verizon, Comcast, and AOL.  There is no rhyme or reason to the undeliverable messages.  I have sent a two messages, minutes apart, to the same recipient, and one goes through instantly, the other waits for a day in a queue and then is declared undeliverable.

              Looks like a major mail server problem with an error routine not functioning properly to recover from a transient error.

              George

              To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com