Messages not arriving

  • Robin Siegel
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 7, 2013
      Recently I've been getting failure notices for occasional messages I send out (including one I sent myself!). This is especially inconvenient as the failure notice can take a day to arrive, meaning that resending the email will not be particularly timely.

      Anyone else having this problem?

    • Chris J Brady
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 7, 2013
        Yes - I am finding that a number of emails (1 to 4 a day) to folks in my contacts list are eventually bounced back as undeliverable. This has only started happening in the last week. But its incredibly annoying. I send emails to contact folks - otherwise why bother. So when they end up being bounced back - for no reason at all - I get irritated.

        Subject: [Y-Mail] Messages not arriving
        To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Monday, 7 October, 2013, 14:45

        Recently
        I've been getting failure notices for occasional
        messages I send out (including one I sent myself!). This is
        especially inconvenient as the failure notice can take a day
        to arrive, meaning that resending the email will not be
        particularly timely.
        Anyone
        else having this problem?

        Robin Siegel
        https://www.facebook.com/MCMDLostPets

        ===
      • Donna Lee
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 7, 2013
          No but it might be maybe your ISP is having problems. I do not know. I am not having that kind of problem.

          Donna Ford Lee
          Tulsa, OK

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 7, 2013
            But Chris when you write to yourself is it bouncing? I believe that even his own account was bouncing.

            Donna Ford Lee
            Tulsa, OK

            To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 7, 2013

              I just got word it took 9 days for an E-Mail I sent to arrive. And I've also had mail bounced back. E-Mail is no longer reliable.

              Fred

              ---In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, <y-mail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

              Recently I've been getting failure notices for occasional messages I send out (including one I sent myself!). This is especially inconvenient as the failure notice can take a day to arrive, meaning that resending the email will not be particularly timely.

              Anyone else having this problem?

            • ghutfilz
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 8, 2013

                This is not a new problem; it has been occurring periodically for nearly two months.  All of the rejects I have experienced have been directed to other major e-mail providers: Verizon, Comcast, and AOL.  There is no rhyme or reason to the undeliverable messages.  I have sent a two messages, minutes apart, to the same recipient, and one goes through instantly, the other waits for a day in a queue and then is declared undeliverable.

                Looks like a major mail server problem with an error routine not functioning properly to recover from a transient error.

                George

                To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com