Email problems? Yahoo says "To connect with Yahoo Mail, sign up for Facebook"

  • ray60273
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 5, 2013
    • adeomus ********
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 5, 2013
        i don't want anything to do with facebook !

        yahoo is yahoo, facebook is facebook.

        does the latter own the former ( or its employees) all of a sudden ????

        adds

        "Say NO to NEO!"

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 5, 2013
          I don't know, adds.  Yahoo is making assumptions, though:  Everybody who uses Yahoo products has a mobile device and is on Facebook or Twitter or both.  I'm surprised that Yahoo hasn't announced that it is now on Google+.   But, maybe it is.  The only social network I use is care2.

          Donna

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 6, 2013
            Why you don't want to 'do' Facebook - ever ....

            As far as I am concerned anyone who uses Facebook is promoting this filth.

            http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2432591/Porn-pernicious-threat-facing-children-today-By-ex-lads-mag-editor-MARTIN-DAUBNEY.html

            'Facebook,' the boy said. 'It just pops up whether you want it or not, sometimes via advertisements. You don't have any control over it.'

            A girl added, 'On Facebook, you just scroll down and it's there. If any of your friends like it, it comes up on your home page.'

            Chris.

            To: "Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com" <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>

            From: ray60273
            <ray60273@...>
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 6, 2013
              This is very true.... I don't even have a cell phone, smart phone, or tablet. And when you tell someone you don't have a cell phone, they give you a strange look :P Some people just don't understand that not every single person on the planet has one....

              **Sasafrass452**
              http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
              http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 6, 2013

                Yahoo! does have official pages on Google+.

                Yahoo!

                https://plus.google.com/u/0/+Yahoo/posts

                Yahoo! News

                https://plus.google.com/u/0/+YahooNews/posts

                Yahoo! Sports

                https://plus.google.com/u/0/+yahoosports/posts

                Yahoo! Shine

                https://plus.google.com/u/0/+yahooshine/posts

                Yahoo! Screen

                https://plus.google.com/u/0/+yahooscreen/posts

                omg! from Yahoo

                https://plus.google.com/u/0/111457726407594094366/posts

                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 7, 2013

                  Talk about making assumptions!!! I (and others I know) do not have a mobile device (by modern definition, a Smart phone), receive text, are active on Facebook and don't broadcast to the world the consistency of their morning stool.

                  The problems that we as a society are facing can be directly traced back to the digital socialization of our citizenry. To see if you are hooked; have you ever texted someone who is within earshot of you instead of using your vocal chords to communicate with them?

                  Also looked at care2 and that is another one of our perceived problems.