Re: Photos in emails

  • Ron Mobley
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 24, 2006
      Ok, I'll be beta guinea pig here. As with most things, there are a dozen ways to get there from here when it comes to image compression.

      What is the most effective and user friendly method utilizing software available already on most anybody's computer?

      What would be the steps (generally speaking) in accomplishing this?

      Thanks,

      Ron

      PS: I use MS Office 2003's Picture Manager. However my father who does tend to send tons of photos that can be optimized. Thanks for the input. This is something that can definitely positively impact email opening speed and free up space on some of Yahoo's servers.

    • sdt33
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 26, 2006
        The most effective and user friendly method....of doing what?

        The steps in accomplishing what?

        Are you replying to another post? If yes, you didn't include any text
        from it, and I can't find any other posts with a "Photos in emails"
        subject line, even though there's a "Re:" in yours.

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2006
          I was replying to the post over the weekend abot pictures attached to emails that bloat emails and clog servers.

          1. The most effective and user friendly of compressing picture file sizes.

          2. The steps in compressing image files.

          I'm not sure this is the correct list even, but the subject had been raised. I appreciate your catching the fact that I hadn't quoted text and indeed hadn't asked full sentes. My bad.