Recycled account anyone ?

  • Y-Mail-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 26, 2013
      Does anyone have a recycled account ?

      I'm just wondering after reading those two articles this week.

      http://www.informationweek.com/security/vulnerabilities/yahoo-recycled-emails-users-find-securit/240161646?pgno=1

      And

      http://techcrunch.com/2013/09/24/yahoo-will-offer-not-my-email-button-to-report-mistaken-deliveries-due-to-username-recycling/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Techcrunch+%28TechCrunch%29

      Looks like once again, Yahoo! did not think though their strategy and it's causing lots of troubles...

      Funny enough I registered on the wishlist with a Gmail account, thinking they would give priority to customers using a competitor service. I got a confirmation after submitting the wishlist, but never heard back from them. This was actually reserved to Yahoo! users wishing to have a new ID... stupid
    • adeomus ********
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 28, 2013
        no, but am surprised there have not been many Neo posts here....there have been voluminous complaints elsewhere,
        and from every group manage i know !

        adds

        "Say NO to NEO!"

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 28, 2013
          On the groups help lists I belong to the volume of mail has been insane.  But Adds, if you are on any of them, did you notice that is always the same people complaining??  Most of those  help groups have thousands of members but only a handful seem to have problems.
          I have had very few problems with the new format and only a few of my members have had trouble.

          Lorrie

          Lorries Green World
          http://minilorrie.2itb.com
          Thompson, Manitoba, Canada

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 28, 2013
            People are likely fed up complaining here and seeing little to improve matters. I opine again that it is incredibly unprofessional to keep fiddling with live code and using the live system as a test bed and making changes without communication with members even if it is a free service.It is even more unprofessional to make changes for paying customers. CJB.

            Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Recycled account anyone ?
            To: "Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com" <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 29, 2013

               A few months ago I posted a complaint on this forum and some review committee in Canada sent me an email informing me that they were deducting ten points from my score on Yahoo Q&A.  Weird but true.  I don't care anything about my point score, but found the heavy handed control attempt to be very offensive.  This is just another example of the arrogance that may be contributing to dwindling posting here.

              To: "Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com" <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 29, 2013
                What is this Nero that everyone is talking about?
                                                  Judy
              • Sasafrass452
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 29, 2013
                  It's called Neo, & it's the name of the interface for Yahoo Mail.

                  **Sasafrass452**
                  http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
                  http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com