Re: [Y-Mail] RE: Yahoo Screws Electronic Petitions

  • Chris J Brady
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 26, 2013
      I feel sorry for you that electronic petitions about human rights and animal abuse etc. are regarded as spam.

      All the petition websites I belong to have been joined at my own free will.

      Have a nice day - and thank God that you're not in Nairobi right now.

      CJB.

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 26, 2013
        How many online petitions have changed anything in this world??  Very few that I know of.

        Lorrie

        Lorries Green World
        http://minilorrie.2itb.com
        Thompson, Manitoba, Canada

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 26, 2013
          Hi Chris,

          I just want to let you know how I deal with letting my online friends know about petitions.  First, the only petition sites I use is Change and The Petition Site.  I get updates about petitions that I sign from both; but, especially from change.org.  If I want to share a petition, I just copy the URL before I have even logged in or signed.  Then after I sign it, I go back to my web mail and open a new email form and paste the URL in it.  I don't send the petition to everybody in my address book at the same time.  I only send the petition to those who might appreciate it.  Also, if I'm sending to more than one individual, I send the link to one person at a time and try and personlize my message to that person.  There's nothing worse than getting an email that starts off Greetings! I've just signed this petition....  How generic is that?

          It might mean extra work for you; but, it could mean that you get to share your petitions with those who share your interesting in protecting humans and animals.

          Donna

          "In every community there is work to be done. In every nation, there are wounds to heal. In every heart there is the power to do it."

          - Marianne Williamson
        • Nancy J
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 26, 2013
            I don't agree about changing forwarding as there are times when I may want to forward a message for school to more than one person without having to use Box or whatever it's called.  Plus, what would my mom do if she couldn't forward junk to everyone she knows - she's retired so I forgive her!  LOL

            But I have no problem with blocking the on-line petition thing.  I'd rather not have my email entered into a third party site - unless its ME doing so.  I never click the "send this article" links to friends either.  If I want to share - I copy the link and email the person one-on-one.  Or use Facebook.  Then its not SPAM - unless I'm sending to someone I don't know well...of course, I'll never know them well after that as they'll block me!  Rightly so.

            L8!

            Nancy J
            "It only takes a moment to kill what we believe"
            lyrics from "Time Falling Down"
            www.cindyalexander.com