Updates in Yahoo Answers on the way

  • Henrique Castro
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 15, 2013
    • Sasafrass452
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 16, 2013
        Well, it's pretty clear that the neo interface is the direction Marissa Mayer is taking Yahoo. I never thought about it before, but after seeing that video, it's abvious that these design changes are geared for mobile devices. Too bad I don't have any.... What next, are we going to be forced into buying a tablet?

        **Sasafrass452**
        http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
        http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com

      • ray60273
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 16, 2013
          I have a mobile device with
          Android 2.2.1
          and Yahoo told me that it will NOT work with Neo groups which is what Yahoo changes me to when I try to access from my mobile.

          I have stopped seeing what Groups which I moderate have messages pending as I can't be bothered going to one Group after another. Formerly a page showed all groups that had pending stuff.

          I have closed one Group years ago because of Yahoo foolishness. More to come? Probably.

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Sasafrass452 <Sasafrass452@...> wrote:

          > Well, it's pretty clear that the neo interface is the direction Marissa
          > Mayer is taking Yahoo. I never thought about it before, but after seeing
          > that video, it's abviousthat these design changes are geared for mobile
          > devices. Too bad I don't have any.... What next, are we going to be
          > forced into buying a tablet?

        • ray60273
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 16, 2013
            Yahoo has told me that Neo will NOT work with my Android 2.2.1

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Sasafrass452 <Sasafrass452@...> wrote:

            > Well, it's pretty clear that the neo interface is the direction Marissa
            > Mayer is taking Yahoo. I never thought about it before, but after seeing
            > that video, it's abviousthat these design changes are geared for mobile
            > devices. Too bad I don't have any.... What next, are we going to be
            > forced into buying a tablet?

          • FC Cindy
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 17, 2013
              It's unbelievable that they are pushing out another complete overhaul while groups and email continue to have major issues. Mail hasn't been working properly for weeks.

            • karenborga@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 17, 2013
                With the recent "upgrades" I can no longer access my groups' web pages with the Blackberry cell phone.

                With my phone, I must start a new message when responding to a post in digest. No longer can I select "reply to the group or via a web post" in digest.

                :-(

                It is all terrible right now.
                It was ALL working great before.

                Karen

                ******

                ...but after seeing that video, it's abvious that these design changes are geared for mobile
                devices.....

                Sasafrass452

                Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
              • Raymond B. Normandeau NYC
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 17, 2013
                  Can't access mine with Android.

                  Yahoo rep says I have to get new phone.

                  --
                  Long Island City Art news and other area HOT news at
                  http://www.queensbridge.us former HomePage of

                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 18, 2013
                    So after all the futzing around developing neo for the mobile environment, do I understand that some mobile users can't use the service?

                    More modern programmers will get the code to work eventually.  I suppose they only have the latest phones and tablets.  They may need to visit eBay to get some of the obsolete (last year) equipment to experiment with.

                    Welcome to the Alpha test team.