How to 'Auto-fill' Multiple Addresses from the Contacts / Address Book

  • Chris J Brady
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 11, 2013
      In my work - professional and lifestyle - I often need to send the same email to a number of contacts.

      Since Neo FF does not allow me to view lists of emails in other folders such as Draft and Sent and private ones, I now use Neo Basic to access these. Basic also seems to be better at actually opening emails, whereas Neo FF often says "sorry email is unobtainable please try again later" - this is no use to run a business with.

      However Basic has one *major* omission - it does not allow auto-filling of recipients' addresses into the o: and Cc: fields. You know - you type a short text string and the options for the addresses are presented in a drop-down menu which you can then click on to insert them.

      So what I do now is to use Basic to compose an email, then I send it to myself. This then appears in my Inbox. Then I go to Neo FF where at least Inbox entries are listed OK for most of the time. I then open my newly received email and click on Forward. I clean up the text. Then I can use Neo's FF auto-fill feature to add the multiple recipient addresses I need. Then I click Send and off it goes to all intended recipients.

      Simples. But they call this progress?

      CJB.
    • Shal Farley
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 11, 2013
        CJB,

        > However Basic has one *major* omission - it does not allow
        > auto-filling of recipients' addresses into the o: and Cc: fields.

        Yup, that's something that can't be done in straight HTML. Interactive
        things like that always need a browser-side script; the lack of which is
        what defines the "Basic" version vs. "Fully Featured".

        > Simples. But they call this progress?

        Yahoo doesn't call the basic version progress. They call it backward
        compatibility with ancient browsers that can't handle all the scripting
        in FF.

        -- Shal
      • Chuck Neuenschwander
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 12, 2013
          why would perhaps 90% of the entries in my SENT folder be greyed-out (indicating I have opened them)
          rather than black (indicating I have not opened them).   Certainly I should find maybe just one-percent or less
          greyed-out since I rarely have to go in there and read from them.

        • Chris Knight
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 14, 2013
            Nothing in your sent folder should be marked as unread.  Since you sent the message, you would have had to read it as you were writing, right?

            why would perhaps 90% of the entries in my SENT folder be greyed-out (indicating I have opened them)
            rather than black (indicating I have not opened them).   Certainly I should find maybe just one-percent or less
            greyed-out since I rarely have to go in there and read from them.

          • justkenneth
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 14, 2013

              Chuck,

              Chris is right.  I just tested compose and then went to look at the email I'd just sent and it was marked as read.

              The anomaly really is that you have emails in your sent folder that are not marked as read.  Are you sure there are some?

              Kenneth

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 15, 2013
                I get this too - but not all the time.

                The main issue for me is that the script kiddies are fiddling with the live code - highly unprofessional. And reporting these snafus - for me are a waste of time. One day they happen,the next day they don't.

                It is bad enough trying to open emails, &/or list folders &/or compose emails. They've had months (a year or more?) to get this right and they are still fiddling.

                CJB.

                Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] entries in SENT folder are greyed out
                To: "Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com" <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>

                From: Chuck