phone ???????????

  • adeomus ********
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 7, 2013

       just wondering...a friend and i were talking about this issue and...
      i don't remember being asked about a phone when i opened a gmail account recently ?

      i had logged in to yahoo mail, and kept it open...then went to google and went to gmail to make an addy...
      and they knew my yahoo carpe addy immediately and it's the backup on my gmail page.

      so...maybe that's the solution....open your other mail addy first ?*:-? thinking

      adds

      -- George MacDonald

      i don't remember being asked about a phone ?

      i had logged in to yahoo mail...then went to google and went to gmail to make an addy...and they knew my yahoo carpe addy immediately and it's the backup on my gmail page.

      so...maybe that's the solution....open your other mail addy first ?

    • Donna Lee
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 7, 2013
        Gmail asked me for a number. How did you get out of giving one? My husband selected skip this option for he does not have a cell phone. He could not use it if he had one for he is hearing impaired!

        Donna Ford Lee
        Tulsa, OK

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 8, 2013

          If you had the one service open in your browser, the other service might have read the cookies? The data could have exchanged THAT fast in the background, between servers, but that fast seems unusual!

        • adeomus ********
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 9, 2013
            yes...very weird !
            never asked me about my phone, and knew my yahoo addy right away !*:-? thinking

            adds

            "Say NO to NEO!"

            -- George MacDonald