Re: [Y-Mail] Yahoo accounts closed

  • Chris J Brady
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 7, 2013
      I for one never received any such notification. CJB.

      Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Yahoo accounts closed
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, 7 September, 2013, 2:33

      There was notices
      from Yahoo that they were closing unused accounts.  I
      got several notices a couple of montha ago if I remember
      right.  There was a link that you could go to that gave
      you a chance to put in your wishlist for an ID if it became
      available.

      Lorrie
       Lorries Green
      World
      http://minilorrie.2itb.com
      Thompson, Manitoba, Canada

      From:
      "kr402@..."
      <kr402@...>

      Yahoo! closing, deactivating, recycling accounts
      without notification or considering the ramifications of
      this practice just one more reason to leave
      Yahoo!
      I just wish that there was a suitable alternative
      for email and also groups.
    • Henrique C. S. Junior
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 7, 2013
        As far as I know, Yahoo does send warnings to the users before terminating unused accounts.

        ---
        Henrique C. S. Junior

        Yes - but they should have asked or warned us first. They did not. CJB.

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 7, 2013
          In a round about way the do.. and that's probably what they fall back on as their right.  When you first sign up it says that if you don't sign in every xxx the account can be deleted.  Just like that notice that says they can empty your trash at any time.

          Of course if someone isn't using a particular email, then they wouldn't know/care.  It seems that the only ones it really affected were the people that had kept outdated/no longer in use email addresses in their contacts list.  It's too bad that there isn't a "forwarding" service like the snail mail post office where you can get their new address.  ;)

          Kathy