Yahoo accounts closed

  • kr402
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 5 5:19 PM
      Yahoo! closing, deactivating, recycling accounts without notification or considering the ramifications of this practice just one more reason to leave Yahoo!

      I just wish that there was a suitable alternative for email and also groups.
    • Sasafrass452
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 6 5:07 AM
        While it seems like a bad idea, keeping those accounts on their system takes up bandwidth & costs money. So, it makes sense to close unused accounts. This is not uncommon among email providers, for that very reason.

        **Sasafrass452**
        http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
        http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
        On 09/05/2013 08:19 PM, kr402@... wrote:

        Yahoo! closing, deactivating, recycling accounts without notification or considering the ramifications of this practice just one more reason to leave Yahoo!

        I just wish that there was a suitable alternative for email and also groups.

      • Chris J Brady
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 6 5:49 AM
          Yes - but they should have asked or warned us first. They did not. CJB.

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 6 6:33 PM
            There was notices from Yahoo that they were closing unused accounts.  I got several notices a couple of montha ago if I remember right.  There was a link that you could go to that gave you a chance to put in your wishlist for an ID if it became available.

            Lorrie

            Lorries Green World
            http://minilorrie.2itb.com
            Thompson, Manitoba, Canada

            From: "kr402@..." <kr402@...>

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 7 6:48 AM
              I for one never received any such notification. CJB.

              To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Saturday, 7 September, 2013, 2:33

              From:
              "kr402@..."
              <kr402@...>

              Yahoo! closing, deactivating, recycling accounts
              without notification or considering the ramifications of
              this practice just one more reason to leave
              Yahoo!
              I just wish that there was a suitable alternative
              for email and also groups.
            • Henrique C. S. Junior
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 7 8:17 AM
                As far as I know, Yahoo does send warnings to the users before terminating unused accounts.

                ---
                Henrique C. S. Junior

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 7 9:27 AM
                  In a round about way the do.. and that's probably what they fall back on as their right.  When you first sign up it says that if you don't sign in every xxx the account can be deleted.  Just like that notice that says they can empty your trash at any time.

                  Of course if someone isn't using a particular email, then they wouldn't know/care.  It seems that the only ones it really affected were the people that had kept outdated/no longer in use email addresses in their contacts list.  It's too bad that there isn't a "forwarding" service like the snail mail post office where you can get their new address.  ;)

                  Kathy