Saving Photos! help in Neo groups

  • gingergmc
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 4, 2013
      Has anyone figured out how to save photos from the albums to your computer? Or is it disabled as part of the total "f_up" yahoo has created.

      At this point, I can find no redeeming features in the new format.

      Is there anyway to opt out and return to the old format? Please say yes!!!!
    • Sasafrass452
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 5, 2013
        To download a photo, first click on the image. It'll open within the browser on a black page. If you use Firefox, right-click on the black space & choose "view page info". A small box will open. Then click on the "media" button, & there you'll see a list of images. Find the one you want, then click on the "save as" button. I don't have IE since I use Linux, but it may have similar options. Hopefully, Yahoo will include a download button/link at some point, but for now, this is the only way. It's not as complicated as it sounds :P

        **Sasafrass452**
        http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
        http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 5, 2013

            Have you tried Drop box? I do like it a lot-great to be able to put photos that are sent to me as well as those I take with my camera or phone in one place.

            Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

          • Donna Lee
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 5, 2013
              I have Windows 8 and Firefox. After I have the image opened I just right click on the image and select "save as" and rename image if needed.

              Donna Ford Lee  ♂+♀=♡
              Tulsa, OK U.S.A.

              Sent Via My iPhone

                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 5, 2013
                    Three ways but all need Firefox,

                    1) Use <Tools> <Page Info>, select <Media> Tab.  Scroll down to image you want.  Select Save.
                    2) Use <Tools> <Web Developer><Page Source>.  Display over image.  Find the Image URL. Open in a new tab.  Save Image.
                    3) Use a Add-in <DownThemAll>.  This reported by another person.

                    I suspect IE and Chrome may allow similar clumsy workarounds.

                    Hopefully if enough folk complain, Yahoo will add the issue to the developers ToDo list.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 6, 2013
                      It may be because you have Linux. ?? It works differently than Windows.

                      Donna Ford Lee  ♂+♀=♡
                      Tulsa, OK U.S.A.

                      Sent Via My iPhone