Re: [Y-Mail] Yahoo Mail Plus

  • Henrique C. S. Junior
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 31, 2013
      I do believe that it was about time to made some changes in Groups (also in MyYahoo and Answers); they are all delocalized and frozen in time (for almost 10 years?).
      Of course that changing things is hard and changes have to be for a better product. As I could see the new Groups interface is just a new skin without new features.

      ---
      Henrique C. S. Junior

      From: adeomus ******** <carpediemadeomus@...>

      Sasafrass,
      i usually like your posts and respect you immensely, but
      "Some people are computer illiterate" sounds really condescending.

      not everyone has made computers/technology a priority...
      some of us work in other fields that deal, for instance, with human machines,
      and excel at it.

      that's why we need people like you !
      and you need the people in other fields.

      besides, with all the changes inflicted by yahoo in a relatively short period,
      it's not surprising that anyone might get confused by all the Plus's, Neos and New's getting tossed around
      like so much garbage in the wind.

      adds

      From: Sasafrass452 <Sasafrass452@...>

      Interesting....Perhaps thatmember has Neo but doesn't know it? Some people are computer illiterate.... I thought all members have the new mail by now? Anywho, if you get Yahoo Mail Plus, yes, you will have Neo. If you have it now, you'll have it after getting Yahoo Mail Plus.
      **Sasafrass452**
      http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
      http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
      On 08/29/2013 11:55 PM, Donna wrote:

      I do not have this; but, I'm wondering if I were to sign up for it, would I still be given Yahoo Mail Neo?  One of the members in the MS group to which I belong has Mail Plus and doesn't have Neo.  Or, since I would be a new subscriber would I have to keep using the Mail that I have?   I don't mind the ads so much; but, that sponsored link in my inbox is just too much.  It's really hard to ignore and I've accidentally clicked on it several times already.

      Donna

    • lena_kiev
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 31, 2013
        > Posted by: Sasafrass452@... sasafrass452

        > most standalone email providers now charge a fee for
        > pop/imap. It has become increasingly harder tofind one for free within
        > the last few yrs.

        In yahooMail IMAP and SMTP are free, only POP3 is paid (MailPlus).
        In Gmail POP3, IMAP and SMTP are free.