Re: [Y-Mail] Yahoo Mail Plus

  • Sasafrass452
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 31, 2013
      I didn't mean to sound condescending, & I appologize if you or anyone took it that way. Many people do call themselves computer illiterate, so nothing was really meant by it. Again, I appologize.

      **Sasafrass452**
      http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
      http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
      On 08/30/2013 10:49 PM, adeomus ******** wrote:

      Sasafrass,
      i usually like your posts and respect you immensely, but
      "Some people are computer illiterate" sounds really condescending.

      not everyone has made computers/technology a priority...
      some of us work in other fields that deal, for instance, with human machines,
      and excel at it.

      that's why we need people like you !
      and you need the people in other fields.

      besides, with all the changes inflicted by yahoo in a relatively short period,
      it's not surprising that anyone might get confused by all the Plus's, Neos and New's getting tossed around
      like so much garbage in the wind.

      adds

      -- George MacDonald

      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 31, 2013
        I re-read Sasafrass' post and don't think it sounds condescending. There are a lot of people who are computer illiterate...including, apparently, some of Yahoo's new programmers. (Now, that may have been condescending on my part! *;) winking )

        Cindy in Ohio
        Melanie, CD, CGC...Border Collie mix

        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 31, 2013
          I am technically challenged. wink

          I know basics but I don't know enough to pop open the lid to look inside. If there is a glitch I take my laptop to Best Buy to fix it. Thankfully I have only had to do that once!

          This NEO group change was not ready for prime time! I went to my needlework group and I had to give a password to look at photo albums! I did not get photo albums. Just a bunch of photos and I don't know who made what! It makes it HARD to send compliments. I do not like that part! I wish they would not have made such drastic changes. A few at a time would have been much better. As it is there are too many glitches and it is frustrating to say the least! I am open to changes but not like this!!

          Donna Ford Lee  ♂+♀=♡
          Tulsa, OK

          Sent Via My iPhone

            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 31, 2013
              To see who uploaded a photo, the username appears when you hover over it. As for glitches, Yahoo said some things aren't functioning properly, but they're working on it.

            • karenborga@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 31, 2013
                Truth be told......for the longest time I had no idea what "Neo" meant.
                I kept quiet, hoping someone would say more......and I am computer literate to some extent.

                :-)

                Last week I happened to look, while on a computer, at the web page address on my Yahoo email......
                And.....

                It said ......blah blah blah -- NEO -- blah.

                So I figure, I must be on NEO even though I pay for Mail Plus.

                Karen

                ****

                Cindy wrote:
                ....There are a lot of people who are computer illiterate..
                Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
              • Henrique C. S. Junior
                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 31, 2013
                  I do believe that it was about time to made some changes in Groups (also in MyYahoo and Answers); they are all delocalized and frozen in time (for almost 10 years?).
                  Of course that changing things is hard and changes have to be for a better product. As I could see the new Groups interface is just a new skin without new features.

                  ---
                  Henrique C. S. Junior

                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 31, 2013
                    > Posted by: Sasafrass452@... sasafrass452

                    > most standalone email providers now charge a fee for
                    > pop/imap. It has become increasingly harder tofind one for free within
                    > the last few yrs.

                    In yahooMail IMAP and SMTP are free, only POP3 is paid (MailPlus).
                    In Gmail POP3, IMAP and SMTP are free.