Login every time I start up requires password

  • Chuck Neuenschwander
    Message 1 of 27 , Aug 30, 2013

      suddenly I find that I have to log in, supplying the password
      every time I start Yahoo Mail fresh.
      Used to be there was a   Keep Me Signed In   box......

      Sure hate to waste that 10 or 15 seconds every day.

      Any way to get it back?

    • Sasafrass452
      Message 2 of 27 , Aug 30, 2013
        You might need to delete your cookies, & try again.

        **Sasafrass452**
        http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
        http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com

        Message 3 of 27 , Aug 30, 2013
          BTW, I had to convert the banner to a jpg, because the png file changed to a weird color for some reason after I uploaded it. Seems to be ok now :)

          **Sasafrass452**
          http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
          http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
          On 08/30/2013 04:56 PM, Sasafrass452 wrote:

          I got it & changed the banner :)
          **Sasafrass452**
          http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
          http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
          On 08/30/2013 02:07 PM, guillaumebcom wrote:

          I email the banner to you mail.com address

        • Chuck Neuenschwander

            Message 5 of 27 , Aug 30, 2013

               never mind....just found today they have changed all my groups to the moronic format.
              ( is it showing their true colors that ALL the homepages now show the KREMLIN instead of our own carefully chosen pictures ??!!!!!!!!!!
              is that the way of it now ????????)

              and never mind putting in the PW when signing in...
              now i have to put in my password every time i want to approve a pending message !!!!
              that is, IF i am allowed to approve or reject...most times it just sits there looking at me !

              SUCKS !!
              yahoo management is working for google.
              am sure now.

              adds

              -- George MacDonald

                  Message 8 of 27 , Aug 31, 2013
                    I did clear my cache and tried on FF and Chrome

                    I get the new version wen logged out
                    I get the classic one when signed in

                    I believe they might have done something 2 or 3 years ago when they deployed a new version version before reverting back to the classic one
                  • Sasafrass452
                    Message 9 of 27 , Aug 31, 2013
                      That's very strange. Have you cleared your cookies as well?

                      On 08/31/2013 08:41 AM, guillaumebcom wrote:

                      I did clear my cache and tried on FF and Chrome

                      I get the new version wen logged out
                      I get the classic one when signed in

                      I believe they might have done something 2 or 3 years ago when they deployed a new version version before reverting back to the classic one

                    • Henrique C. S. Junior
                      Message 10 of 27 , Aug 31, 2013
                        Hi, guillaumebcom
                        Are you using the US settings in your account?
                        I'm asking that because, since I'm using the Yahoo Brasil settings, sometimes I get a redirect to the old interface because Brazil is not changing to the new interface now (we are allways the last).

                        ---
                        Henrique C. S. Junior

                        Message 11 of 27 , Aug 31, 2013
                          yes, I'm using an ad blocker.

                          but ad blockers and cookies aside,
                          how do I get the   Keep Me Signed In   box  to reappear?

                              Message 14 of 27 , Sep 2 5:03 AM
                                Indeed i use the US settings, and Yeh I did clear the cookies as well. Also it happens on another computer so it's linked to my account.

                                Well, let's forget it... I wasn't expecting them to get it right anyways...
                              • Chuck Neuenschwander

                                  Message 16 of 27 , Sep 13 9:43 AM
                                    I have (more than) two Yahoo Mail accounts. The one I use most (this one) I pay for, and it makes me give my pw every time I log in. It used to give me the option to get it to remember it. The free one(s) remember their passwords. This is whichever computer I use. So I don't think it is due to cookies or to ad blockers. Why is it?
                                    Steve Petter, Bristol, UK.

                                    Message 17 of 27 , Sep 14 11:20 AM

                                      I'm Seeing It Right

                                      And.............

                                      I Don't Like It!!!! I Guess We Have To Live With The Changes.......Again

                                      Message 18 of 27 , Sep 17 11:44 AM

                                        I'm using Yahoo free.
                                        Matters not what browser I use (MSIE, FireFox, Chrome)
                                        lately I find that I have to log in, supplying the password
                                        every time I start Yahoo Mail fresh.
                                        Used to be there was a   Keep Me Signed In   box......

                                        Sure hate to waste that 10 or 15 seconds every day.

                                        Any way to get the   Keep Me Signed In   box back?
                                      • Chuck Neuenschwander
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Oct 15, 2013

                                          I'm using Yahoo free.

                                          In FireFox,  I find that I have to log in, supplying the password
                                          every time I start Yahoo Mail fresh.  Not so in Chrome.

                                          Used to be there was a   Keep Me Signed In   box......

                                          Any way to get the   Keep Me Signed In   box back?

                                          Or, alternately, get the FF version of YMail to keep from requesting sign-ins
                                          so often?