Re: [Y-Mail] Yahoo Mail Plus

  • Sasafrass452
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 30, 2013
      Yes, but the webmail will still be Neo. That's what Donna was asking. I think webmail is much more popular than desktop clients, anyway, especially since most standalone email providers now charge a fee for pop/imap. It has become increasingly harder to find one for free within the last few yrs.

      **Sasafrass452**
      http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
      http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
      On 08/30/2013 09:39 AM, mike bader wrote:

      With a plus accopunt you would not have to use web mail. (neo)
      You could setup local mail like thunderbird and you can conect via pop or imap.

      On 8/30/2013 8:22 AM, Sasafrass452 wrote:

      Interesting.... Perhaps that member has Neo but doesn't know it? Some people are computer illiterate.... I thought all members have the new mail by now? Anywho, if you get Yahoo Mail Plus, yes, you will have Neo. If you have it now, you'll have it after getting Yahoo Mail Plus.
      **Sasafrass452**
      http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
      http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
      On 08/29/2013 11:55 PM, Donna wrote:

      I do not have this; but, I'm wondering if I were to sign up for it, would I still be given Yahoo Mail Neo?  One of the members in the MS group to which I belong has Mail Plus and doesn't have Neo.  Or, since I would be a new subscriber would I have to keep using the Mail that I have?   I don't mind the ads so much; but, that sponsored link in my inbox is just too much.  It's really hard to ignore and I've accidentally clicked on it several times already.

      Donna

    • adeomus ********
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 30, 2013
         too many versions, too little competence.
        sad.
        yahoo used to be really functional for me.

        adds

        -- George MacDonald

        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 30, 2013
          Sasafrass,
          i usually like your posts and respect you immensely, but
          "Some people are computer illiterate" sounds really condescending.

          not everyone has made computers/technology a priority...
          some of us work in other fields that deal, for instance, with human machines,
          and excel at it.

          that's why we need people like you !
          and you need the people in other fields.

          besides, with all the changes inflicted by yahoo in a relatively short period,
          it's not surprising that anyone might get confused by all the Plus's, Neos and New's getting tossed around
          like so much garbage in the wind.

          adds

          -- George MacDonald

[...]

          • Cindy Cozad-Rudinger
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 31, 2013
              I re-read Sasafrass' post and don't think it sounds condescending. There are a lot of people who are computer illiterate...including, apparently, some of Yahoo's new programmers. (Now, that may have been condescending on my part! *;) winking )

              Cindy in Ohio
              Melanie, CD, CGC...Border Collie mix

              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 31, 2013
                I am technically challenged. wink

                I know basics but I don't know enough to pop open the lid to look inside. If there is a glitch I take my laptop to Best Buy to fix it. Thankfully I have only had to do that once!

                This NEO group change was not ready for prime time! I went to my needlework group and I had to give a password to look at photo albums! I did not get photo albums. Just a bunch of photos and I don't know who made what! It makes it HARD to send compliments. I do not like that part! I wish they would not have made such drastic changes. A few at a time would have been much better. As it is there are too many glitches and it is frustrating to say the least! I am open to changes but not like this!!

                Donna Ford Lee  ♂+♀=♡
                Tulsa, OK

                Sent Via My iPhone

                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 31, 2013
                    To see who uploaded a photo, the username appears when you hover over it. As for glitches, Yahoo said some things aren't functioning properly, but they're working on it.

                  • karenborga@yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 31, 2013
                      Truth be told......for the longest time I had no idea what "Neo" meant.
                      I kept quiet, hoping someone would say more......and I am computer literate to some extent.

                      :-)

                      Last week I happened to look, while on a computer, at the web page address on my Yahoo email......
                      And.....

                      It said ......blah blah blah -- NEO -- blah.

                      So I figure, I must be on NEO even though I pay for Mail Plus.

                      Karen

                      ****

                      Cindy wrote:
                      ....There are a lot of people who are computer illiterate..
                      Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
                    • Henrique C. S. Junior
                      Message 10 of 16 , Aug 31, 2013
                        I do believe that it was about time to made some changes in Groups (also in MyYahoo and Answers); they are all delocalized and frozen in time (for almost 10 years?).
                        Of course that changing things is hard and changes have to be for a better product. As I could see the new Groups interface is just a new skin without new features.

                        ---
                        Henrique C. S. Junior

                        Message 11 of 16 , Aug 31, 2013
                          > Posted by: Sasafrass452@... sasafrass452

                          > most standalone email providers now charge a fee for
                          > pop/imap. It has become increasingly harder tofind one for free within
                          > the last few yrs.

                          In yahooMail IMAP and SMTP are free, only POP3 is paid (MailPlus).
                          In Gmail POP3, IMAP and SMTP are free.