OT- Yahoo Groups Changes

  • Sasafrass452
    Message 1 of 27 , Aug 29 2:48 PM
      Once again, Yahoo Groups has changed the format of the site. I had no idea this was going to happen, & I logged on to find everything completely different! I've read some negative comments, as usual. Anywho, I just wanted to let the owner know that a new banner will need to be uploaded to the group page. Anyone else see the new format?
      --

      **Sasafrass452**
      http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
      Message 2 of 27 , Aug 29 2:53 PM
        Instead of change groups to Neo, Yahoo had this brilliant idea to change individuals to Neo.  So, if the owner does not have Neo, then it won't do any good to ask for a change in the photo.  As far as I can tell, Neo groups is not exciting or innovative.  It's looking a lot like every other message board, forum, or group on the web.  Good luck with it.  I see the new format and I do not like it.

        Donna

        Once again, Yahoo Groups has changed the format of the site. I had no idea this was going to happen, & I logged on to find everything completely different! I've read some negative comments, as usual. Anywho, I just wanted to let the owner know that a new banner will need to be uploaded to the group page. Anyone else see the new format?
        --

        **Sasafrass452**
        http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
        http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com

        "In every community there is work to be done. In every nation, there are wounds to heal. In every heart there is the power to do it."

        - Marianne Williamson
      • Donna Lee
        Message 3 of 27 , Aug 29 2:55 PM
          I can check it after 6 PM CDT. I do not get on my laptop until husband goes to bed at 6 PM. I use Firefox and I will let you know then. :)

          Donna Ford Lee  ♂+♀=♡
          Tulsa, OK

          Sent Via My iPhone

          Message 4 of 27 , Aug 29 3:59 PM
            OH CRAP they changed it and not sure that I like it.

            I have to go to my group to see what it looks like. :(

            Donna Ford Lee
            Tulsa, OK

            On Aug 29, 2013, at 4:48 PM, Sasafrass452 <Sasafrass452@...> wrote:

            Once again, Yahoo Groups has changed the format of the site. I had no idea this was going to happen, & I logged on to find everything completely different! I've read some negative comments, as usual. Anywho, I just wanted to let the owner know that a new banner will need to be uploaded to the group page. Anyone else see the new format?
            --

            **Sasafrass452**
            http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
            http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com

          • guillaumebcom
            Message 5 of 27 , Aug 30 9:45 AM
              I can see the new layout when not logged in but get the classic interface when signed in... weird
            • Sasafrass452

                Message 7 of 27 , Aug 30 11:07 AM
                  I email the banner to you mail.com address
                • Chuck Neuenschwander
                  Message 8 of 27 , Aug 30 12:47 PM

                    suddenly I find that I have to log in, supplying the password
                    every time I start Yahoo Mail fresh.
                    Used to be there was a   Keep Me Signed In   box......

                    Sure hate to waste that 10 or 15 seconds every day.

                    Any way to get it back?

                  • Sasafrass452

                            Message 13 of 27 , Aug 30 5:59 PM

                               never mind....just found today they have changed all my groups to the moronic format.
                              ( is it showing their true colors that ALL the homepages now show the KREMLIN instead of our own carefully chosen pictures ??!!!!!!!!!!
                              is that the way of it now ????????)

                              and never mind putting in the PW when signing in...
                              now i have to put in my password every time i want to approve a pending message !!!!
                              that is, IF i am allowed to approve or reject...most times it just sits there looking at me !

                              SUCKS !!
                              yahoo management is working for google.
                              am sure now.

                              adds

                              -- George MacDonald

                                  Message 16 of 27 , Aug 31 5:41 AM
                                    I did clear my cache and tried on FF and Chrome

                                    I get the new version wen logged out
                                    I get the classic one when signed in

                                    I believe they might have done something 2 or 3 years ago when they deployed a new version version before reverting back to the classic one
                                  • Sasafrass452
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Aug 31 6:08 AM
                                      That's very strange. Have you cleared your cookies as well?

                                      On 08/31/2013 08:41 AM, guillaumebcom wrote:

                                      I did clear my cache and tried on FF and Chrome

                                      I get the new version wen logged out
                                      I get the classic one when signed in

                                      I believe they might have done something 2 or 3 years ago when they deployed a new version version before reverting back to the classic one

                                    • Henrique C. S. Junior
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Aug 31 7:26 AM
                                        Hi, guillaumebcom
                                        Are you using the US settings in your account?
                                        I'm asking that because, since I'm using the Yahoo Brasil settings, sometimes I get a redirect to the old interface because Brazil is not changing to the new interface now (we are allways the last).

                                        ---
                                        Henrique C. S. Junior

                                        Message 19 of 27 , Aug 31 9:59 AM
                                          yes, I'm using an ad blocker.

                                          but ad blockers and cookies aside,
                                          how do I get the   Keep Me Signed In   box  to reappear?

                                              Message 22 of 27 , Sep 2, 2013
                                                Indeed i use the US settings, and Yeh I did clear the cookies as well. Also it happens on another computer so it's linked to my account.

                                                Well, let's forget it... I wasn't expecting them to get it right anyways...
                                              • Chuck Neuenschwander

                                                  Message 24 of 27 , Sep 13, 2013
                                                    I have (more than) two Yahoo Mail accounts. The one I use most (this one) I pay for, and it makes me give my pw every time I log in. It used to give me the option to get it to remember it. The free one(s) remember their passwords. This is whichever computer I use. So I don't think it is due to cookies or to ad blockers. Why is it?
                                                    Steve Petter, Bristol, UK.

                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Sep 14, 2013

                                                      I'm Seeing It Right

                                                      And.............

                                                      I Don't Like It!!!! I Guess We Have To Live With The Changes.......Again

                                                      Message 26 of 27 , Sep 17, 2013

                                                        I'm using Yahoo free.
                                                        Matters not what browser I use (MSIE, FireFox, Chrome)
                                                        lately I find that I have to log in, supplying the password
                                                        every time I start Yahoo Mail fresh.
                                                        Used to be there was a   Keep Me Signed In   box......

                                                        Sure hate to waste that 10 or 15 seconds every day.

                                                        Any way to get the   Keep Me Signed In   box back?
                                                      • Chuck Neuenschwander
                                                        Message 27 of 27 , Oct 15, 2013

                                                          I'm using Yahoo free.

                                                          In FireFox,  I find that I have to log in, supplying the password
                                                          every time I start Yahoo Mail fresh.  Not so in Chrome.

                                                          Used to be there was a   Keep Me Signed In   box......

                                                          Any way to get the   Keep Me Signed In   box back?

                                                          Or, alternately, get the FF version of YMail to keep from requesting sign-ins
                                                          so often?