Can't 'Un-delete'

  • babbvt
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 27, 2013
      If I've checked the Delete box by mistake, I can't remove the checkmark by checking it again. Isn't that the usual way?
      BB
    • Chris J Brady
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 27, 2013
        Yes - a second click on a checked check box should delete the check mark.

        But .... there is something wrong with the whole kerfuffle at present - I do not seem to be able to delete anything at present. I check mark various emails, then click on Delete and nothing happens. I've just spent an hour in a wifi cafe trying to delete some junk / spam emails. I've tried multiple instances of Neo FF Mail. I've tried Basic. I've tried refreshing the browser's address bar. I've tried different browsers. ALL attempts to delete some checked emails have failed. Clicking on Delete simply does - nothing.

        CJB.

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 29, 2013
          Do you suppose someone is sabatoging the system(what there's left of it)? Or tying to make Marissa look not so good? YMail Classic was super-impressive. If Yahoo doesn't want classic, would they part with it so someone else can use it?
          BAB

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Chris J Brady <chrisjbrady@...> wrote:

          > Yes - a second click on a checked check box should delete the check mark.
          >
          > But .... there is something wrong with the whole kerfuffle at present - I do not seem to be able to delete anything at present. I check mark various emails, then click on Delete and nothing happens. I've just spent an hour in a wifi cafe trying to delete some junk / spam emails. I've tried multiple instances of Neo FF Mail. I've tried Basic. I've tried refreshing the browser's address bar. I've tried different browsers. ALL attempts to delete some checked emails have failed. Clicking on Delete simply does - nothing.
          >
          > CJB.

        • Chris J Brady
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 29, 2013
            I'm beginning to think that something is up.

            Yahoo is suppose to be a professional outfit. Yet Neo FF is so badly designed I am starting to think that it is too complex for its own good.

            I have met this before in industry. Disenchanted staff deliberately designing and implementing an (airline ticket selling) system that was too complex for the average computer geek to use let alone intending passengers. We had the servers and database in New York and the front end system hosted in London. As passengers tried to make a booking half-executed Java / Java Bean code was swapped between countries using a ultra-fast (and expensive) optical fibre cable. Needless to say it never worked reliably until we brought the whole shebang in-house.

            But the issue with Yahoo Neo is the Javascript-bloat. Firstly it takes an age to keep on downloading - it also seems that it is dynamically updated as an email session takes place. This puts a strain on the CPU in a user's computer, also it increases the strain on the web connection, also it creates extra read / writes to the hard-disk as the bloated code causes massive paging to / from the hard-drive. Maybe Yhoo Neo FF is actually causing users' hard-drive(s) to wear out!!

            Then with all the tracking sites that Yahoo uses these also slow responses up.

            The result is a barely usable system, and loads of complaints from users.

            CJB.