Re: Re-Joined

  • Mayaranger
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 27, 2013
      As soon as I used a Yahoo Mail App on a smartphone to access my YMail, my account was hacked, sending out links but nothing malicious, fortunately. I had also accessed my YMail via the smartphone browser too. All I know is that right after using both of these methods my YMail was hijacked.

      Now I only use my laptop or desktop to access my YMail. Also these are running on current Linus operating systems which give me another level of protection. A well secured Windows system would also be acceptable for me.
    • Donna Lee
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 27, 2013
        I have used a cell phone for my email (along with my laptop) for the last ten years. I have had more hacking problems in the last year than I have had in all the ten years that I have used this phone. So I can not say it is because of my phone.

        Donna Ford Lee ♂+♀=♡
        Tulsa, OK

        Sent Via My iPhone

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 28, 2013
          My hijacking occurred during this past year too. New hijacking methods are always spawning and seeking holes in our systems. Did you by any chance try a YMail app as I did? That is my first suspicion as to what happened to me. Also other newly added apps may open a new hacker access. For me, I'm sticking with my Linux OS on a laptop or desktop where I have had no hijacking when not using smartphone access. Occasionally I use a well secured Windows OS safely so far.

          As I remember, the hijacking took place within a day or so of using the YMail app. That is why I suspect it. Changing my password solved the hijacking. Whew!!!
        • Donna Lee
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 28, 2013
            I am using what came with my iPhone. I also use gmail and I can access all mail in one place. Why open and close two different apps?? Just my opinion I don't need two or three apps when one will do the trick. :)

            Donna Ford Lee ♂+♀=♡
            Tulsa, OK

            Sent Via My iPhone

            On Aug 28, 2013, at 8:48 AM, "Mayaranger" <mayaranger@...> wrote:

            > My hijacking occurred during this past year too. New hijacking methods are always spawning and seeking holes in our systems. Did you by any chance try a YMail app as I did? That is my first suspicion as to what happened to me. Also other newly added apps may open a new hacker access. For me, I'm sticking with my Linux OS on a laptop or desktop where I have had no hijacking when not using smartphone access. Occasionally I use a well secured Windows OS safely so far.
            >
            > As I remember, the hijacking took place within a day or so of using the YMail app. That is why I suspect it. Changing my password solved the hijacking. Whew!!!

          • Sasafrass452
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 28, 2013
              Linux is great, no major problems on my end :)

              **Sasafrass452**
              http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
              http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com