Re: [Y-Mail] What the . . . Now I can't even log out of Y-mail

  • adeomus ********
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 23, 2013
       plus...did you notice it saves every search as a bookmark now ?!!!!!!!!!!!!*8-} silly

      adds

      -- George MacDonald

      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 24, 2013
        How did you happen to find that out, Adds? Are they deleted when you clear your cahce?

        Cindy in Ohio

        Melanie, CD, CGC...Border Collie mix

        From: adeomus ******** <carpediemadeomus@...>

        From: Bruce Lund <bruceedwardlund@...>

        It's incredible. I hit the sign out link (which is inexplicably only available after clicking on "Bruce") and instead of signing me out, it gives me a page to set up my profile. (I don't want a profile!) So I click on "Nope" and get to the Yahoo home page. But if I click on mail, it takes me right back in without so much as a sign in page, much less a password request. What kind of email service will not sign you out after clicking on not just one but two attempts to leave mail? This is not just an inconvenience. This is a serious security breach.

        How incompetent can these people be?

        Bruce Lund
      • Mike-Shirley O'Brien
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 25, 2013
          Yahoo Mail is not the only one that will hold a sign-out request for a short time before actually signing you out. This is due to a number of geeky issues and the fact that there are a lot of people who inadvertently click a sign out link by mistake. More geeky than a planned event. Think of it as the fact that if you manually restart your comp you need to turn it off and count to 5 before reinitializing. Reason is to allow all of the memory and CPU cells to dissipate the 1 or the 0

          Another explanation is that some of the password auto-fill prgms have a setting to automatically sign you back in within a certain time frame without you having to do anything at all and mostly behind the curtain.

          Short answer is that before complaining, get a stopwatch out and time the event (time between sign out request and actual sign out). Also bet that if you sign out and immediately go to another URL and then immediately return, you will be signed out.

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Cindy Cozad-Rudinger <zadrud1@...> wrote:

          > How did you happen to find that out, Adds? Are they deleted when you clear your cahce?
          >
          > Cindy in Ohio
          >
          > Melanie, CD, CGC...Border Collie mix
          > Sunfire's MD Cotton BTV Tank, CGC, BN...Labrador Retriever
          >

          > ________________________________
          > From: adeomus ******** <carpediemadeomus@...>
          >
          >  plus...did you notice it saves every search as a bookmark now ?!!!!!!!!!!!!
          >
          > adds
          >

          > ________________________________
          > From: Bruce Lund <bruceedwardlund@...>
          >

          > It's incredible. I hit the sign out link (which is inexplicably only available after clicking on "Bruce") and instead of signing me out, it gives me a page to set up my profile. (I don't want a profile!) So I click on "Nope" and get to the Yahoo home page. But if I click on mail, it takes me right back in without so much as a sign in page, much less a password request. What kind of email service will not sign you out after clicking on not just one but two attempts to leave mail? This is not just an inconvenience. This is a serious security breach.
          >

          > How incompetent can these people be?
          >
          > Bruce Lund

        • Lorrie
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 26, 2013
            How do you make a new folder in this new mail??  In Classic, when you clicked on folders or whatever, at the top of the drop down menu was an option to make a new folder.  That seems to be missing now.  Thanks for any help.

            Lorrie

            Lorries Green World
            http://minilorrie.2itb.com
            Thompson, Manitoba, Canada

          • Donna
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 27, 2013
              Lorrie,

              I use Neo Basic, so I am not sure how to add a folder in Neo Fully Featured.  But, in Basic, there is an Edit link next to Folders.  When I click on that link, I get taken to a page which has a place where I can enter the name of a new folder, then click Add.  Somebody using Neo Fully Featured can explain how to add a folder in that version.

              Donna

              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 27, 2013
                Just to the right of the word folders just above your folders there is a +. Click on that + mark and you will have a little window pop up to name the folder.

                Donna Ford Lee  ♂+♀=♡
                Tulsa, OK

                Sent Via My iPhone

                On Aug 26, 2013, at 9:05 PM, Lorrie <minilorrie@...> wrote:

                How do you make a new folder in this new mail??  In Classic, when you clicked on folders or whatever, at the top of the drop down menu was an option to make a new folder.  That seems to be missing now.  Thanks for any help.

                Lorrie

                Lorries Green World
                http://minilorrie.2itb.com
                Thompson, Manitoba, Canada

              • Henrique C. S. Junior
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 27, 2013
                  Click in the 'Plus' sign at the right of the word FOLDERS, or, push Ctrl+Shift+E

                  ---
                  Henrique C. S. Junior

                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 27, 2013
                    In the left sidebar, where it has a line that says FOLDERS and has a tiny triangle next to it, at the end of that line there's a plus sign.  Click on the plus sign.

                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 27, 2013
                      Thanks to everyone.  I found it - a very pale plus sign next to FOLDERS. For a person with rotten eyesight it is really hard to see.  They could have made it a little darker LOL.

                      Lorrie

                      Lorries Green World
                      http://minilorrie.2itb.com
                      Thompson, Manitoba, Canada

                      From: Donna <pnwfemale@...>

                      Lorrie,

                      I use Neo Basic, so I am not sure how to add a folder in Neo Fully Featured.  But, in Basic, there is an Edit link next to Folders.  When I click on that link, I get taken to a page which has a place where I can enter the name of a new folder, then click Add.  Somebody using Neo Fully Featured can explain how to add a folder in that version.

                    • babbvt
                      Message 10 of 15 , Aug 27, 2013
                        Yes, much pale print in new 'improved' Yahoo mail, sadly. Maybe a matter affecting those meant to be protected by the Americans with Disability Act or somesuch? ;-)
                        BB