Fw: [Y-Mail] Re: Inactive accounts

  • Chris J Brady
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 22 12:17 AM
      Great link - thank you. So why didn't Yahoo include this with the email that was sent round informing about the deletion of addresses? And why didn't Yaoo email warnings before hand? Appalling customer service. CJB.

      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 23 6:15 AM
        kamilgorczyca,

        I noticed that no one who has responded to your post knows what you're talking about.

        I found the email that Yahoo! sent about making and submitting a wish list.  The wish list had to be completed by August 7th and they said they would begin emailing people by mid-August to let people know which of your wish list picks are available for registration.

        Don't miss this opportunity!

        We've freed up millions of usernames so it's never been easier to get the one you really want. Just make a wish list with your top five names by August 7, 2013.

        If your pick is available now, claim it today! If not, we'll email you by mid-August letting you know which of your picks is available.

        Kenneth

        Thanks, but in these threads there is nothing about when Yahoo will respond to the wish list.

        > in recent days there has been chatter about that...
        > maybe look in the archives ?
        > check these threads:
        >

        > 25467 Yahoo Noew Deleting Contacts From Address Book Chris J Brady
        > chrisjbrady Aug 16, 2013
        > 9:10 am
        >

        > Damn Yahoo interference. I have now had to download all my contacts
        > because YAHOO IS REMOVING APPARENT REDUNDANT ADDRESSES. Bl&&dy
        > cheek. Now every time they...
        >

        > 25468 Re: An update was made to your Mail account Cindy Cozad-Rudinger
        > zadrud1 Aug 16, 2013
        > 9:11 am
        >

        > Has anyone else gotten an email like this?   Cindy in Ohio Melanie, CD, CGC...Border Collie mix Sunfire's MD Cotton BTV Tank, CGC, BN...Labrador Retriever ...
        >

        > 25469 Re: Fw: Yahoo Mail - Unauthorised Removal Of Contacts Kenneth
        > justkenneth Aug 16, 2013
        > 12:00 pm
        >

        > Chris, That is shocking.  I wouldn't want anyone to edit my contacts
        > to keep it current for me.  If my addresses are invalid, so be it.
        > Sometimes my...
        >

        > adds
        >

        > "That is the way", he said. "But there are no stairs", I cried.
        > "You must throw yourself in", he replied. 'There is no other way. "
        >
        > -- George MacDonald

        > ________________________________

      • Stephen Petter
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 4, 2013
          Chris

          Could you help me, please?

          I have 2 Yahoo mail accounts. One works fine, asks me if it should remember my password, does so, occasionally asks me it.

          But my main account, for which I pay about $20 a year, recently
          1. Does not ask if it should remember my password;
          2. Therefore asks me to give it every time I log on
          3. Always rejects it the first time I give it, and accepts it the second time.

          WHY? How can I get it to be normal?

          If you can help I'll be grateful

          Steve Petter, Bristol, UK

           Stephen Petter, 281 Redcatch Road, Bristol, BS3 5DY
          Tel: 0117 972 8054                    Mobile: 07741 089 529

          So whilst it can be deemed that they may or may not have the right in removing the details as well as the addresses - it smacks of incredibly POOR nay APPALLING customer service to do so without warning nor asking first. I never cease to be astonished at the arrogance and unprofessionalism of Yahoo staff. CJB.

          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 5, 2013
            You have two emails accounts - but don't try to open them both in the same session with the same browser. Yahoo Mail runs on a single cookie - hence only one session is allowed - otherwise there will be conflicts.

            Having said that I can open the same account in Basic and in FF simultaneously - for reasons I find useful. Basic is faster, but lacks auto-fill of addresses. FF has auto-fill but is very slow. I use Basic for composing, and FF for auto-listing recipients' addresses.

            However to answer your question. Try running your first account using say Chrome. And your second account with IE. Yes - you can do that - I do as well. Then when you set up the cookie file for each browser you can customise the log in feature(s) since both Yahoo account sessions and respective cookies will be independent and not conflict.

            CJB.