Re: [Y-Mail] inappropriate intrusion into user information

  • karenborga@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 19, 2013
      Yes....how dare they? Especially when I am paying for Yahoo Plus and have "unlimited storage"

      Karen

      ******
      Kimberly wrote:
      ..BUT Yahoo has no reasonable basis to tell users otherwise what they can or cannot store - how dare you....

      Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
    • Mohsin khan
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 19, 2013
        WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS EMAIL?

        I see that a number of people are complaining about the messages with the title: An Update Was Made to Your Mail Account. Many users seem to miss the fundamental point. How dare Yahoo tell users what information they can or cannot retain on their contacts. While it is true that an old yahoo account may no longer exist, some of my friends, including the contact whose details you unhelpfully deleted, use the same base name and change the mail service - myemail@... becomes myemail@... or myemail@.... When Yahoo unilaterally decided to delete legitimately held information, you forced me to undertake effort to rediscover the information you most unhelpfully deleted. Just as I do not expect you to send your staff into my house without my permission to tell me what items I can and cannot retain, I do not expect you to delete my information - the principal is the same. It is one thing to crack down on illegitimate information or people who use a Yahoo account to abuse others, send spam or conduct illegal activities, BUT Yahoo has no reasonable basis to tell users otherwise what they can or cannot store - how dare you. I am looking into changing my e-mail provider on account of this