Re: Fw: [Y-Mail] Re: An update was made to your Mail account

  • Freecycle Cindy
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 18, 2013
      One of our owners also received this email.  I can't believe they feel they have the right to remove or do anything with our personal contacts/files, etc.!

    • Shal Farley
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 18, 2013
        Cindy,

        > If there is a legit technical reason to delete the addresses of the
        > inactive accounts,

        I don't think there is a technical reason, I think was more likely done to protect your privacy. Those inactive addresses may be re-assigned now to someone else -- you wouldn't want to accidentally send a personal email to some stranger who now holds the address.

        That said, I would have preferred that the address be copied into the Notes field, with a note of why, rather than simply deleted.

        > wouldn't it have been better to send an email to the users asking us
        > to do it ourselves?

        I suspect that would have been ineffective. Too few would bother to read the message and do anything about it.

        -- Shal
      • mike bader
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 18, 2013
          That is why I have them on my local machine not on the web.
          Also if you store your contacts, sent and received emails on the web and get hacked,
          the hacker has all of that information.

          On 8/18/2013 11:53 AM, Freecycle Cindy wrote:

          One of our owners also received this email.  I can't believe they feel they have the right to remove or do anything with our personal contacts/files, etc.!

        • km
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 18, 2013

            My daughters was one that was deleted from my contacts... but in all fairness she didn't use it anyway.

            I don't see a real problem with them doing this since we know from the start that inactive accounts can be deleted at any time. They are only deleting yahoo accounts.

            Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

            From: Chris J Brady <chrisjbrady@...>

            Absolutely appalling service and incredibly unprofessional. They didn't even have the courtesy to warn or ask first. CJB.

            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 18, 2013
              This probably has to do with their recycling of 1 billion old accounts. They want to make sure if someone new gets that address you don't end up emailing them thinking its someone else.

              Sent from Yahoo! Mail for iPhone