Re: [Y-Mail] Another Delete Disaster With Nero

  • Jason M.
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 16, 2013
      Thanks to Chris for tipping me off as to the dustbin icon -- I honestly had not noticed it, since it's on the right-hand side the menu and I usually focus my eyes on the left.

      The dustbin icon, as far as I can tell, only deletes one e-mail at a time.

      What I'd been doing before that was checking the left-hand box (this is Neo FF, not basic) and then clicking the "delete" button on the upper-left of the inbox menu bar.  That way, you can delete multiple checked-off e-mails with one click.  But, if you check off multiple e-mails in the left-hand box, and then click the dustbin icon on the right side of your screen... only one e-mail at a time is deleted.

      So, best practice for deleting a single e-mail in Neo FF is the right-hand dustbin (or trashcan, here in the US) icon, and best practice for deleting multiple e-mails in Neo FF is checking the left-hand boxes and then pressing "delete" at the top of the screen.  So the dustbin seems to be a very narrowly-focused and time-saving tool for those of us deleting only a single e-mail in a given sitting.

      -Jason

      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 16, 2013
        I find Yahoo! Mail (Neo more so than Classic) to be quite effective at blocking spam.  It helps if you train the spam guard by flagging messages as "Spam" rather than "Delete" from the inbox, and by flagging not-spam messages as "Not Spam" from the spam folder.  In the last 2 months (since the latest version of Neo launched),  I've had exactly zero spam messages wind up in my inbox, and very few erroneously-flagged messages in my spam folder.  I get about 100 messages in the Spam folder every 4-5 days, and it's been at least three weeks since I found anything in there that did not belong.

        -Jason