Re: [Y-Mail] Another Delete Disaster With Nero

  • Chris J Brady
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 15, 2013
      Thank you for your response.

      Every day my modus operandi is to highlight blocks of spam and junk mail first by check-marking them and then clicking on Delete. I have to do this because Yahoo is useless at stopping spam. Google and Gmail rarely allow spam through. Therefore with blocks of deletes the dustbin icon is useless. For me I simply don't have time nor the inclination to delete emails one at a time as you say "It (the dreaded dustbin icon) just deletes the one email whose row it is in.

      CJB.

      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 15, 2013
        And you are...?

        I am emailing this Group reporting bugs and inconsistencies - I am sorry that this has upset you.

        You could leave too actually.

        CJB.

        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 15, 2013
          Chris,

          I use Neo Basic and I do not have the dustbin icon.  There are two dots (..) at the end of each message row.  If I click on them, the message gets deleted from my inbox and sent to Trash.  If I preselect two messages which I want to delete, then click on the dots at the end of the row, then that message goes to the trash and the other message that I had preselected, becomes deselected.  But, it's easy enough to delete just that message in one quick click by clicking on the dots.  No matter what I try I am unable to delete all of the messages on the page without going up to the delete button.  However, if I have selected 15 messages for removal, then click Delete, only those 15 messages that I had selected will get sent to trash.

          I'm sorry that you are having so many issues.  It seems like there is some inconsistency with how Neo works on different devices.  I use an older Mac with OS 10.6.  What kind of device do you use?  If you have already indicated this, then I've somehow missed it.

          There are things about Neo Basic that I'm actually starting to like.  Like when I select messages to move them to a different folder, it is a two step process.  I select the folder name, then click on the Apply button.  There were so many times with Classic that I accidentally put messages in the wrong folder due to my finger going spastic on my.

          I hope this issue gets resolved for you.

          Donna

          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 15, 2013
            Chris,

            > I'm not sure what you are having an issue with. I've used basic and
            > the trash can icon on the right is only to delete an individual
            > message...not multiple.

            CJB is under the misapprehension that the trash can is a marker rather
            than a control, that it is somehow connected with and redundant with the
            checkboxes. I've tried to explain the mechanism to him in prior
            messages, but he seems to be information resistant on this topic.

            To be fair to him though, I think the issue became confounded with the
            checkboxes due to some bizzare bugs with the checkbox mechanism. Others
            have also reported the phenomenon of checking a specific collection of
            messages, then having the delete button delete that exact number of
            messages, but not all of those checked, and deleting an unchecked
            message in place of each checked message that did not delete.

            -- Shal
          • Sasafrass452
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 15, 2013
              OOPS, I meant Cindy. Sorry, Linda!

              **Sasafrass452**
              http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
              http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
              On 08/15/2013 12:58 PM, Sasafrass452 wrote:

              I agree. All members have a right to express their concerns with Yahoo Mail, that's what this group is for. We're here to try to help each other solve issues whenever possible, & if necessary, we tell the member to contact Yahoo. This group IS monitored by Yahoo, so all comments, suggestions, or complaints are seen by one or more Yahoo employees. Even if they don't post messages, they do read our comments. Having said that, I'm sure Yahoo has a very long list of issues to deal with, so the supposed issue with deleting emails isn't at the top of their list. They must also be able to replicate the issue in order to determine if it's an actual bug or not. Sometimes, the issue you're experiencing is actually due to your computer &/or browser, so what you might consider to be a bug may never get fixed. Also remember that Yahoo can't please everyone. They design the webmail to work in the most recent browsers on up-to-date computers. That's what internet companies do.

              Linda, please don't tell another member to stop complaining. They have every right to do so. Chris is having issues with Yahoo Mail, so he's asking for help. That's what this group is for. As a moderator here, I will NOT tolerate attacking other members, so I'm stopping this now before it escalates. Let's stay on topic, please, & be respectful of each other.
              **Sasafrass452**
              http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
              http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
              On 08/15/2013 10:23 AM, asphodellynwormwood wrote:

              I find it not only tiring, but disappointing when someone with a
              legitimate complaint is told to go away. Unprofessional and deeply
              unhelpful. Only through complaints from others do I see the extent of
              the glitches beyond what I've noticed myself. Until problems are
              addressed, no one should be told to keep quiet about their grievances.
              Aside from silly, it's un-American to not protest, frequently and
              loudly.

              You can always delete e-mails you don't want to read, that is, unless
              there's a glitch with the new interface that makes that troublesome.

              Linda
              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Cindy Cozad-Rudinger wrote:

              > Chris, I do appreciate your continual frustrations with Neo. We all
              have had problems, and find many things that we don't like about this
              version, but it is the version that we have. There are more bugs than
              Classic, fewer work-arounds, and many features that are poorly designed.
              There's also a lack of choice.

              > That being said, and with all due respect, I find your continual
              ranting to be stressful and counterproductive to the purpose of this
              group. Even if this WAS a list for Yahoo customer service, and even IF
              this list had members who were Yahoo engineers, ready to help us all,
              I'm sure they, too, would tire of your attitude. How would you feel if,
              in your job, people were constantly complaining and never able to state
              an issue without swearing at you?

              > If you hate Yahoo so much, please follow the genuinely-offered
              suggestions of help and find another email system. Take the suggestions
              that you have been given time and again, follow them, and leave.

              > Cindy in Ohio
              > Melanie, CD, CGC...Border Collie mix
              > Sunfire's MD Cotton BTV Tank, CGC, BN...Labrador Retriever
              >

              > ________________________________

            • Jason M.
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 16, 2013
                Thanks to Chris for tipping me off as to the dustbin icon -- I honestly had not noticed it, since it's on the right-hand side the menu and I usually focus my eyes on the left.

                The dustbin icon, as far as I can tell, only deletes one e-mail at a time.

                What I'd been doing before that was checking the left-hand box (this is Neo FF, not basic) and then clicking the "delete" button on the upper-left of the inbox menu bar.  That way, you can delete multiple checked-off e-mails with one click.  But, if you check off multiple e-mails in the left-hand box, and then click the dustbin icon on the right side of your screen... only one e-mail at a time is deleted.

                So, best practice for deleting a single e-mail in Neo FF is the right-hand dustbin (or trashcan, here in the US) icon, and best practice for deleting multiple e-mails in Neo FF is checking the left-hand boxes and then pressing "delete" at the top of the screen.  So the dustbin seems to be a very narrowly-focused and time-saving tool for those of us deleting only a single e-mail in a given sitting.

                -Jason

                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 16, 2013
                  I find Yahoo! Mail (Neo more so than Classic) to be quite effective at blocking spam.  It helps if you train the spam guard by flagging messages as "Spam" rather than "Delete" from the inbox, and by flagging not-spam messages as "Not Spam" from the spam folder.  In the last 2 months (since the latest version of Neo launched),  I've had exactly zero spam messages wind up in my inbox, and very few erroneously-flagged messages in my spam folder.  I get about 100 messages in the Spam folder every 4-5 days, and it's been at least three weeks since I found anything in there that did not belong.

                  -Jason