Re: [Y-Mail] Reach out to Yahoo management on Twitter

  • adeomus ********
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 6, 2013
      have heard this before, but ..can we not get in touch with them aside from using twitter ??

      just now i tried to give "feedback"
       ( ie, am happy that can hilight/"select" many more posts at once
      ....at first selects a few, then the next time selects more, then the following time, even more...weird, but workable..

      but is still really slow compared to classic, and often just goes blank..the  yahoo page freezes blank !
      anyhow, when tried to send the feedback, yahoo said could not take feedback ..try again later.
      geeze.)
      adds

      -- George MacDonald

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 7, 2013
        I don't use Twitter but I tried your suggested help link: http://help. yahoo.com. There is no direct contact with YM tech service, just links to Quick Answers and Search Yahoo Help. I'm still at a loss of how to get live service as I used to via chat and email.
      • Harryh
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 7, 2013
          And for those of us who have never signed up for Twitting?

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 7, 2013
            And my experience with that page results in 'no more help available'.  There is no link to email Customer-care.  And my emails to the last addressees used for my 'closed' incident reports to Customcare and escalated Customercare go nowhere.  The escalated Customercare response is that the email address is not monitored.  Escalated care took quite awhile to get to engineering to resolve my situation and I was quite patient waiting for them.  Then they replied that they could fix the issue (at least for the current batch of separated mail), but I was away from my email for a whole three days.  Apparently I couldn't respond on their schedule, so they closed the incident!

            The situation still has not been resolved, but apparently engineering has some ability to work around the issue.  Worst I am still receiving every once and awhile, email that exhibits the fault.  Just to restate whats wrong:
                1.    Attachments using webmail can't be saved, an error message occurs.
                2.    The message cannot be forwarded, an error occurs.
                3.     The message cannot be retrieved via POP, an error occurs.
                4.    The <action><view header> function shows no header data - no routing information, just a blank area.

            These problems started back in Feb, and continue.  They are infrequent - maybe out of 200 messages 1 or 2 might be affected.  The messages have nothing in common other than they come from Y-groups (several) and multiple senders.

            I am now convinced that they now know the problem is real.  The problem has been escalated and engineering apparently thinks they can fix some of the messages.  I infer that that they are not sure of the cause, but I suspect a routing problem in their backend.  Since apparently only a few users are affected, they feel that it's not a priority (or they refuse to acknowledge the issue).  I obviously can do nothing other than ask senders to resend; I've avoided doing that because many senders have other things to do.

            This Neo is a work in progress.  It may be fine for some purposes but reliability in keeping messages intact isn't there.  Funny that we forget that the email RFC's don't promise reliability, only best efforts.  OTOH, no service I've ever used has been as compromised as the Yahoo Neo mail service.  Pity since Classic always worked fine.  (For the record, the Classic interface simply provided an error message for the affected message - could not display).

            I don't use Twitter but I tried your suggested help link: http://help. yahoo.com.  There is no direct contact with YM tech service, just links to Quick Answers and Search Yahoo Help.  I'm still at a loss of how to get live service as I used to via chat and email.

                Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

          • Raymond B. Normandeau NYC
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 7, 2013
              You can send them paper mail