Re: [Y-Mail] Corrupted URLs - trying without spaces

  • Shal Farley
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5 2:29 PM
      Chris,

      > http://www.meetup.com/londoncycling/
      > with "London Cyclists Meetup Group" immediately afterwards turned into:
      > http://www.meetup.com/londoncycling/London Cyclists Meetup Group

      I'm not sure what you expected to have happen -- by what magic was any
      software to know that "London" was not part of the URL?

      I did notice though that the space in "London Cyclists" was coded as
      "=A0", which is indeed the ISO 8859-1 character code for a non-breaking
      space. I'm almost surprised that didn't cause Thunderbird to include
      "Cyclists" in the link it created.

      You can spare yourself all this pointless concern and effort by adopting
      the use of < and > delimiters for plain text URLs.

      <http://www.meetup.com/londoncycling/>London Cyclists Meetup Group

      -- Shal