Corrupted URLs - trying without spaces

  • Chris J Brady
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2013
      The URL

      http://www.meetup.com/londoncycling/

      with "London Cyclists Meetup Group" immediately afterwards turned into:

      http://www.meetup.com/londoncycling/London%c2%a0Cyclists Meetup Group

      CJB
    • Shal Farley
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 5, 2013
        Chris,

        > http://www.meetup.com/londoncycling/
        > with "London Cyclists Meetup Group" immediately afterwards turned into:
        > http://www.meetup.com/londoncycling/London Cyclists Meetup Group

        I'm not sure what you expected to have happen -- by what magic was any
        software to know that "London" was not part of the URL?

        I did notice though that the space in "London Cyclists" was coded as
        "=A0", which is indeed the ISO 8859-1 character code for a non-breaking
        space. I'm almost surprised that didn't cause Thunderbird to include
        "Cyclists" in the link it created.

        You can spare yourself all this pointless concern and effort by adopting
        the use of < and > delimiters for plain text URLs.

        <http://www.meetup.com/londoncycling/>London Cyclists Meetup Group

        -- Shal