Re: [Y-Mail] Attachments not working in YMail

  • Nancy J
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 5, 2013
      Thanks.  That method worked great to attached.

      Unfortunately, I saw no send buttons at all.  I could not even to respond to your email!  It could be my security - but I allowed all - and everything worked just eight weeks ago or less!

      In 12 years I've had no problems using this program to do something as simple as send an email!!!   Suddenly I can't?  Either dementia is settling in even more seriously than I feared - or Yahoo has jumped the shark with his ease of use in design.  I have never been so disappointed in Yahoo EVER!

      L8!

      Nancy J
      "It only takes a moment to kill what we believe"
      lyrics from "Time Falling Down"
      www.cindyalexander.com

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 5, 2013
        > Unfortunately, I saw no send buttons at all.

        In Basic, "Send" is not a button, but white text in the dark blue strip
        above the To field.
      • Shal Farley
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 6, 2013
          ordinaryfoolisnj,

          > Truly, if the power/s that be read this ...

          Probably won't here. But maybe here:
          <http://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/215446-us-mail->
          or here:
          <http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/index?sid=396546091>

          > Please, please, please fix this issue - and if its just me - help ME to fix it!

          Maybe save the message as a draft before attaching the file:
          <http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130805161022AAn0fgX>

          -- Shal
        • Mayaranger
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 6, 2013
            Over the last decade or so in my using Yahoo Mail I experienced the broken attachment function maybe 3 or 4 times. I can't find any way to contact Yahoo tech service now, but back a few years, I used both email and online chat with YM tech service. Each time I was told that the attachment function was broken in my account and that they would fix it. Each time they repaired it within a day.

            There were times too when my Search function became broken. I used the same contact methods with YM tech service and they repaired it within a day too. Now, not knowing how to contact them, I would not know what to do. I was amazed how well the online chat tech service worked in getting broken functions repaired. I could not have been more pleased.

            The only contact method I know of now is Feedback and of course there is no response or service there. If anyone knows a way to get individual tech support now, let us know here.
          • Shal Farley
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 6, 2013
              Mayaranger,

              > If anyone knows a way to get individual tech support now, let us know here.

              Go to the Feedback forum (different from the Feedback form):
              <http://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/215446-us-mail->
              Click the link to "get immediate assistance" and then click "Email a Support Agent". There's a phone number there too, but my understanding is that it essentially only for Account related problems (can't sign in, hacked, etc.).

              If you lose that link you can also get to "Email a Support Agent" by using the "Contact Customer Care" link on the Help pages. A link to Help is found in the menu that drops down from the gear icon on the very top right of the Yahoo Mail page. When you fill in the form select product, version, category and sub-category. If prompted enter a brief description. Watch for a link to "Email a Support Agent" to appear the bottom of the page. If you don't see that link adjust your selections until you get it.

              Or use the "Ask the Community" link. It is a public forum, but Yahoo staff do occasionally answer questions, especially when their help is actually needed.

              -- Shal
            • Harryh
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 7, 2013
                >If you don't see that link adjust your selections until you get it.>

                Been there done that, apparently there is no link for 'corrupt mail' and variations.

                I have been avoiding using a more public link, but maybe I must.

                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 8, 2013
                  Harry,

                  > If you don't see that link adjust your selections until you get it.

                   Been there done that, apparently there is no link for 'corrupt mail' and
                   variations. I have been avoiding using a more public link, but maybe I must.

                  You apparently missed the prior paragraph of my message.

                  -- Shal

                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 8, 2013
                    Been there & done that.  Although I was reluctant to fill out the secret question stuff, I did.  So far (5 days) no response.  I did try "ask the Community" in Questions.  We shall see.

                    I've decided Customer Care may have been abolished for my issue.