Re: [Y-Mail] New Yahoo Neo FF Mail corrupting embedded URLs

  • lena_kiev
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 5, 2013
      > From: Shal Farley <shal@...>

      > In a plain text message body there is nothing Yahoo Mail could have done
      > to corrupt the URL.

      It changes some spaces to non-breaking spaces. If that happens just after
      an URL, receiver can linkify an URL with an extraneous symbol at the end.
    • Shal Farley
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 5, 2013
        Lena,

        > It changes some spaces to non-breaking spaces. If that happens just after
        > an URL, receiver can linkify an URL with an extraneous symbol at the end.

        Ick, really? In a message composed as plain text?

        I hadn't thought of that. I do see those NBSPs all the time in the
        text/plain parts of multipart messages from Yahoo Mail (which is bad
        enough IMO). I'll have to go back and look but I don't remember seeing
        any in Chris' example.

        Still though, my advice to use < and > as unambiguous delimiters stands.
        Using them would moot any subsequent tomfoolery with non-breaking spaces.

        -- Shal
      • Harryh
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 5, 2013
          If this is in regard to my complaints about corrupted messages, others have not complained.  Perhaps they use a different message delivery than I do.  I've not encountered the errors with any other service.

          All I know is that the corrupted messages all have missing header data which implies a routing issue within Yahoo.