Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Inability to click on embedded links ...

  • Shal Farley
    Message 1 of 23 , Aug 3, 2013
      Harry,

      > How would the user detect that? What debugging tools exist at the user
      > level?

      Beyond my ken. For either script loading or the data connections -- JavaScript is one language I've never attempted.

      > Where do you find Neo version numbers now (I've forgotten the magic
      > location)?

      Alt-click (left mouse button) on the Yahoo Mail logo gives you a pop-up with the info.

      -- Shal
    • Harryh
      Message 2 of 23 , Aug 3, 2013
        Ah ha, my latest says:
        Neo Version:
        Build number: 2.52.0.8829
        Build time: Fri Aug  2 00:41:12 PDT 2013

        Hostname: nc34.n6.mail.bf1.yahoo.com
        I am stunned.  Does this mean this version was released Friday?  Are there that many changes?

        I decided to look at the page source as I was composing this message.  I was amazed to see the amount of material (including the .js stuff), about 300k worth.  Rather odd.  Looking further I see material in the page source from previous messages and even material from previous page views from other sites.  I guess I don't understand why data from a Fandor site would appear in the page view.  I equally am clueless how to parse this page source.

        > How would the user detect that?  What debugging tools exist at the user
        > level?

        Beyond my ken. For either script loading or the data connections -- JavaScript is one language I've never attempted.

        > Where do you find Neo version numbers now (I've forgotten the magic
        > location)?

        Alt-click (left mouse button) on the Yahoo Mail logo gives you a pop-up with the info.

        -- Shal

            Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

      • Shal Farley
        Message 3 of 23 , Aug 3, 2013
          Harry,

          > Build time: Fri Aug 2 00:41:12 PDT 2013
          > I am stunned. Does this mean this version was released Friday? Are
          > there that many changes?

          I believe so. If I recall previous threads here correctly, Yahoo Mail, at least neo, has been on a rapid release schedule for a long time.

          -- Shal