Cannot delete selected block of emails

  • Mayaranger
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2013
      Trying to prune out my Yahoo mail, I performed a search for a specific sender and then checked the group selection box that checks all boxes in the search results. I cannot delete this selected block of emails.

      I have used this technique for years and now it fails. When we had pagination, the group selection check box could be used to select all of the emails on the page, e.g. 25 or 50 depending on the option setting. Then I could delete emails one page at a time.

      Up until recently after pagination stopped, the group selection box would select about what amounted to be a page of the whole search and the group deletion worked. Then I would check the group box again and get what amounted to another page, etc. Now the whole search is selected and I cannot delete any multiple selections.
    • Harryh
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2013
        I've found this ability to select all simply inconsistent.  Sometimes the bunch gets marked Trash, other times they don't get sent to Trash.  This sort of thing can drive you batty.

        Trying to prune out my Yahoo mail, I performed a search for a specific sender and then checked the group selection box that checks all boxes in the search results.  I cannot delete this selected block of emails.

        <snip>
      • Mayaranger
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 2013
          Yes, you describe it exactly. After I posted, I went back to find it working again, on and off over time. The problem is likely due to the upgrading from pagination of emails to no pagination. The new upgrade to no pagination is frustrating and now even more so with this.