Grrrrrrr! Grrrrrrr! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

  • Bruce Lund
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2013
      Once again, Yahoo's substandard tabs are just junk. Was typing an email, and somehow my fat fingers hit some keys that highlighted the text and when I hit the next key, all was lost. Edit/undo was useless.

      WTF! How could they put this piece of junk out on the street, much less to replace a solid product?

      Bruce Lund
    • Kenneth
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 2, 2013
        So you typed the wrong keys and deleted some text while composing an email.  Would the great Classic Mail really have been able to recover from that?

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 2, 2013
          Bruce,

          I am using the Basic version of Neo. I just tried to do what you describe. I opened a new compose message form and typed in some random words, then highlighted part of them and kept typing. Then I went up to Firefox's menu bar and selected Edit > Undo. I had to click Undo about 3 times before I got back to the original text that I had typed.

          I used to do the same thing when I was using Classic.

          Donna
        • Chris Knight
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 2, 2013
            Yeah, I'm confused how that's a tab issue. You're saying you highlighted text and hit another key which deleted your text? As far as I know that's the behavior on every text box everywhere. It's not yahoo's fault.

            Chris

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 2, 2013
              I am using their flagship product since it is the lesser of the evils for most purposes. And yes, I hit undo about a half dozen times. The reason it takes multiple undos is because many times deleted texts are due to a series of keystrokes. But in my case, repeated undo did not do the trick. Hard to understand.

              Bruce Lund

                  Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

            • adeomus ********
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 2, 2013

                 yes, has happened to me several times..not even hitting a wrong key, just deleted !!!!!

                -- George MacDonald

                Once again, Yahoo's substandard tabs are just junk. Was typing an email, and somehow my fat fingers hit some keys that highlighted the text and when I hit the next key, all was lost. Edit/undo was useless.

                WTF! How could they put this piece of junk out on the street, much less to replace a solid product?

                Bruce Lund

              • Mike-Shirley O'Brien
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 3, 2013
                  I read all of these complaints about the new version and this one really amazed me because I use the new version and it does an auto-save every once in awhile, keeps it in the drafts folder and will do an update/auto-save by itself. It's saved my fat fingers many times!! AND the old classic didn't do that.