Re: [Y-Mail] Re: how about SENT MESSAGES into a folder .... ??

  • Kenneth
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 29, 2013
      To move emails from the Sent folder to another folder, just select them and use the Move drop-down to select the destination folder.

      I just tested it and this works.  You can move emails from the Sent folder to somewhere else.  You just can't move emails from somewhere else into the Sent folder.  The Sent folder can only be populated by the action of sending an email.  Even if the email was there originally and you move it out, you can't move it back.

      Kenneth

      Sasa .... no ...they go into the sent "folder" but I want to move them into a separate marked folder and they will not go.
    • Henrique C. S. Junior
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 29, 2013
        Actually, you can move messages to your sent folder and even create subfolders by using an mail client with IMAP access.

        ---
        Henrique C. S. Junior

        To move emails from the Sent folder to another folder, just select them and use the Move drop-down to select the destination folder.

        I just tested it and this works.  You can move emails from the Sent folder to somewhere else.  You just can't move emails from somewhere else into the Sent folder.  The Sent folder can only be populated by the action of sending an email.  Even if the email was there originally and you move it out, you can't move it back.

        Kenneth

        Sasa .... no ...they go into the sent "folder" but I want to move them into a separate marked folder and they will not go.

      • E H
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 30, 2013
          Sasa and Kenneth .... S - because I want to move all correspondence on one topic into one folder. K - I first did a email search ...all of them pulled up ..... and I attempted to "move" them all into that one folder .... the ones in the IN BOX would go ... but the sent would not. THEN I tried clicking on each individual sent email ... they will not move".

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Kenneth <justkenneth@...> wrote:

          > To move emails from the Sent folder to another folder, just select them and use the Move drop-down to select the destination folder.
          >
          > I just tested it and this works.  You can move emails from the Sent folder to somewhere else.  You just can't move emails from somewhere else into the Sent folder.  The Sent folder can only be populated by the action of sending an email.  Even if the email was there originally and you move it out, you can't move it back.
          >
          > Kenneth
        • Cindy Cozad-Rudinger
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 30, 2013
            I had that issue as well. I just went ahead and forwarded myself a copy of the email that I wanted to move, then moved that from the Inbox. In Neo, the sent copies cannot be moved from the "Sent" folder to other folders.

            Cindy in Ohio

            Melanie, CD, CGC...Border Collie mix

            From: E H <drtq2@...>

            Sasa and Kenneth .... S - because I want to move all correspondence on one topic into one folder. K - I first did a email search ...all of them pulled up ..... and I attempted to "move" them all into that one  folder .... the ones in the IN BOX would go ... but the sent would not. THEN I tried clicking on each individual sent email ... they will not move".

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Kenneth <justkenneth@...> wrote:

            > To move emails from the Sent folder to another folder, just select them and use the Move drop-down to select the destination folder.
            >
            > I just tested it and this works.  You can move emails from the Sent folder to somewhere else.  You just can't move emails from somewhere else into the Sent folder.  The Sent folder can only be populated by the action of sending an email.  Even if the email was there originally and you move it out, you can't move it back.
            >
            > Kenneth

                Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

          • Chris J Brady
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 31, 2013
              I have just gone to the Sent folder - which eventually opened. I chose a specific email, checked its box, then Moved it to Inbox. It went there OK. I couldn't Move it back though. CJB

              From: E H <drtq2@...>