Re: [Y-Mail] how about SENT MESSAGES into a folder .... ??

  • Sasafrass452
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 29, 2013
      Are you saying your sent messages won't go into a folder other than the sent folder? Sent messages automatically go to the sent folder, that's how it works. If your sent messages aren't saved at all, you might need to go to the mail options & check the box for saving sent messages in the sent folder. If you want your sent messages in another folder, try manually moving them into the folder of your choice.

      **Sasafrass452**
      http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
      http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
      On 07/29/2013 12:27 AM, E H wrote:

      .... they will not go in there .... what a bunch of SCREW-UPS these yahoo people are ...

    • E H
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 29, 2013
        Sasa .... no ...they go into the sent "folder" but I want to move them into a separate marked folder and they will not go.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Sasafrass452 <Sasafrass452@...> wrote:

        > Are you saying your sent messages won't go into a folder other than the
        > sent folder?Sent messages automatically goto the sent folder, that's how
        > it works. If your sent messages aren't saved at all, you might need to
        > go to the mail options & check the box for savingsent messagesin the
        > sent folder. If you want your sent messages in another folder,
        > trymanually moving theminto the folder of your choice.
        >

        > **Sasafrass452**
        > http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
        > http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
        >
        > On 07/29/2013 12:27 AM, E H wrote:
        > >
        > > .... they will not go in there .... what a bunch of SCREW-UPS these
        > > yahoo people are ...

      • Sasafrass452
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 29, 2013
          I see.... Why not just leave them in the sent folder?

          On 07/29/2013 11:03 AM, E H wrote:

          Sasa .... no ...they go into the sent "folder" but I want to move them into a separate marked folder and they will not go.

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Sasafrass452 <Sasafrass452@...> wrote:

          > Are you saying your sent messages won't go into a folder other than the
          > sent folder?Sent messages automatically goto the sent folder, that's how
          > it works. If your sent messages aren't saved at all, you might need to
          > go to the mail options & check the box for savingsent messagesin the
          > sent folder. If you want your sent messages in another folder,
          > trymanually moving theminto the folder of your choice.
          >

          > **Sasafrass452**
          > http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
          > http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
          >
          > On 07/29/2013 12:27 AM, E H wrote:
          > >
          > > .... they will not go in there .... what a bunch of SCREW-UPS these
          > > yahoo people are ...

        • Kenneth
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 29, 2013
            To move emails from the Sent folder to another folder, just select them and use the Move drop-down to select the destination folder.

            I just tested it and this works.  You can move emails from the Sent folder to somewhere else.  You just can't move emails from somewhere else into the Sent folder.  The Sent folder can only be populated by the action of sending an email.  Even if the email was there originally and you move it out, you can't move it back.

            Kenneth

            Sasa .... no ...they go into the sent "folder" but I want to move them into a separate marked folder and they will not go.
          • Henrique C. S. Junior
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 29, 2013
              Actually, you can move messages to your sent folder and even create subfolders by using an mail client with IMAP access.

              ---
              Henrique C. S. Junior

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 30, 2013
                Sasa and Kenneth .... S - because I want to move all correspondence on one topic into one folder. K - I first did a email search ...all of them pulled up ..... and I attempted to "move" them all into that one folder .... the ones in the IN BOX would go ... but the sent would not. THEN I tried clicking on each individual sent email ... they will not move".

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Kenneth <justkenneth@...> wrote:

                > To move emails from the Sent folder to another folder, just select them and use the Move drop-down to select the destination folder.
                >
                > I just tested it and this works.  You can move emails from the Sent folder to somewhere else.  You just can't move emails from somewhere else into the Sent folder.  The Sent folder can only be populated by the action of sending an email.  Even if the email was there originally and you move it out, you can't move it back.
                >
                > Kenneth
              • Cindy Cozad-Rudinger
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 30, 2013
                  I had that issue as well. I just went ahead and forwarded myself a copy of the email that I wanted to move, then moved that from the Inbox. In Neo, the sent copies cannot be moved from the "Sent" folder to other folders.

                  Cindy in Ohio

                  Melanie, CD, CGC...Border Collie mix

                  From: E H <drtq2@...>

                  Sasa and Kenneth .... S - because I want to move all correspondence on one topic into one folder. K - I first did a email search ...all of them pulled up ..... and I attempted to "move" them all into that one  folder .... the ones in the IN BOX would go ... but the sent would not. THEN I tried clicking on each individual sent email ... they will not move".

                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Kenneth <justkenneth@...> wrote:

                  > To move emails from the Sent folder to another folder, just select them and use the Move drop-down to select the destination folder.
                  >
                  > I just tested it and this works.  You can move emails from the Sent folder to somewhere else.  You just can't move emails from somewhere else into the Sent folder.  The Sent folder can only be populated by the action of sending an email.  Even if the email was there originally and you move it out, you can't move it back.
                  >
                  > Kenneth

                      Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

                • Chris J Brady
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 31, 2013
                    I have just gone to the Sent folder - which eventually opened. I chose a specific email, checked its box, then Moved it to Inbox. It went there OK. I couldn't Move it back though. CJB

                    From: E H <drtq2@...>