Inability to Open Folders - greatest irritation

  • Chris J Brady
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 27, 2013
      The biggest irritation of Nero FF is the inability to open folders - too many times. Refreshing the browser address bar seems to always display the Inbox.

      However when clicking on Drafts / Sent / Spam / Trash / or any private folders - this is simply ignored and nothing happens.

      The URL displayed at the bottom - for ALL folders is something like:

      http://uk-mg5.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.rand=6aceh9sus8hhl#

      (the rand being a temporary link to the Mail account being accessed)

      So there is some internal dynamic process that tries to open and list the folder clicked upon.

      BUT THIS PROCESS IS NOT WORKING FOR TOO MUCH OF THE TIME.

      The only way of resetting the processes seems to be to refresh the browser's address bar - BUT THIS DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT FOLDERS WILL OPEN AFTERWARDS.

      This is simply unacceptable.

      CJB.
    • Mike-Shirley O'Brien
      Message 2 of 23 , Jul 28, 2013
        First of all I'm at a loss to figure out what NERO FF is or stands for and as such may be offering a fix of sorts for the wrong product but since this is a Yahoo! Mail group I'll go with that assumption.

        My email hangs up as described below and what others have reported, and I've found that if I click on a different folder and it doesn't respond, I close an email message tab and the folder's contents that I want to switch to will show up. I used to do the refresh idea thing and one day closed a tab just to see if the software might be overloaded and presto! It worked. So now all is well and this workaround has been working for about a month now.

        BUT, it would be nice for Yahoo to fix the underlying issue but have also found that this new version seems to be a work in progress and eventually they will find the bug and exterminate it.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Chris J Brady <chrisjbrady@...> wrote:

        > The biggest irritation of Nero FF is the inability to open folders - too many times. Refreshing the browser address bar seems to always display the Inbox.
        >
        > However when clicking on Drafts / Sent / Spam / Trash / or any private folders - this is simply ignored and nothing happens.
        >
        > The URL displayed at the bottom - for ALL folders is something like:
        >
        > http://uk-mg5.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.rand=6aceh9sus8hhl#
        >

        > (the rand being a temporary link to the Mail account being accessed)
        >
        > So there is some internal dynamic process that tries to open and list the folder clicked upon.
        >
        > BUT THIS PROCESS IS NOT WORKING FOR TOO MUCH OF THE TIME.
        >
        > The only way of resetting the processes seems to be to refresh the browser's address bar - BUT THIS DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT FOLDERS WILL OPEN AFTERWARDS.
        >
        > This is simply unacceptable.
        >
        > CJB.

      • Sasafrass452
        Message 3 of 23 , Jul 28, 2013
          Actually, it's "Neo". That's the name of this new version of Yahoo Mail. "FF" is the browser Firefox. Chris was referring to how the new Yahoo Mail works in Firefox.

          **Sasafrass452**
          http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
          http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
          On 07/28/2013 09:22 AM, Mike-Shirley O'Brien wrote:

          First of all I'm at a loss to figure out what NERO FF is or stands for and as such may be offering a fix of sorts for the wrong product but since this is a Yahoo! Mail group I'll go with that assumption.

          My email hangs up as described below and what others have reported, and I've found that if I click on a different folder and it doesn't respond, I close an email message tab and the folder's contents that I want to switch to will show up. I used to do the refresh idea thing and one day closed a tab just to see if the software might be overloaded and presto! It worked. So now all is well and this workaround has been working for about a month now.

          BUT, it would be nice for Yahoo to fix the underlying issue but have also found that this new version seems to be a work in progress and eventually they will find the bug and exterminate it.

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Chris J Brady <chrisjbrady@...> wrote:

          > The biggest irritation of Nero FF is the inability to open folders - too many times. Refreshing the browser address bar seems to always display the Inbox.
          >
          > However when clicking on Drafts / Sent / Spam / Trash / or any private folders - this is simply ignored and nothing happens.
          >
          > The URL displayed at the bottom - for ALL folders is something like:
          >
          > http://uk-mg5.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.rand=6aceh9sus8hhl#
          >

          > (the rand being a temporary link to the Mail account being accessed)
          >
          > So there is some internal dynamic process that tries to open and list the folder clicked upon.
          >
          > BUT THIS PROCESS IS NOT WORKING FOR TOO MUCH OF THE TIME.
          >
          > The only way of resetting the processes seems to be to refresh the browser's address bar - BUT THIS DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT FOLDERS WILL OPEN AFTERWARDS.
          >
          > This is simply unacceptable.
          >
          > CJB.

        • Donna
          Message 4 of 23 , Jul 28, 2013
            Silly me, I thought that when Chris referred to Ne(r)o FF, I  thought he was referring to the Fully Featured version of Neo.  I use Firefox for my browser and the Fully Featured version was problematic.  So far, I have not been having the same issues with the Basic version.  The biggest complaint that I have with the Neo Basic is with that Publisher's Clearinghouse ad that I get sometimes when I empty the spam folder.

            Donna

            Message 5 of 23 , Jul 28, 2013
              I'm referring to Nero Full-Featured - the new Yahoo Mail concoction that folks are complaining about. CJB.

              Actually, it's "Neo". That's the name of this new version of Yahoo Mail. "FF" is the browser Firefox. Chris was referring to how the new Yahoo Mail works in Firefox.
              **Sasafrass452**
              http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
              http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
              On 07/28/2013 09:22 AM, Mike-Shirley O'Brien wrote:

              First of all I'm at a loss to figure out what NERO FF is or stands for and as such may be offering a fix of sorts for the wrong product but since this is a Yahoo! Mail group I'll go with that assumption.

              My email hangs up as described below and what others have reported, and I've found that if I click on a different folder and it doesn't respond, I close an email message tab and the folder's contents that I want to switch to will show up. I used to do the refresh idea thing and one day closed a tab just to see if the software might be overloaded and presto! It worked. So now all is well and this workaround has been working for about a month now.

              BUT, it would be nice for Yahoo to fix the underlying issue but have also found that this new version seems to be a work in progress and eventually they will find the bug and exterminate it.

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Chris J Brady <chrisjbrady@...> wrote:

              > The biggest irritation of Nero FF is the inability to open folders - too many times. Refreshing the browser address bar seems to always display the Inbox.
              >
              > However when clicking on Drafts / Sent / Spam / Trash / or any private folders - this is simply ignored and nothing happens.
              >
              > The URL displayed at the bottom - for ALL folders is something like:
              >
              > http://uk-mg5.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.rand=6aceh9sus8hhl#
              >

              > (the rand being a temporary link to the Mail account being accessed)
              >
              > So there is some internal dynamic process that tries to open and list the folder clicked upon.
              >
              > BUT THIS PROCESS IS NOT WORKING FOR TOO MUCH OF THE TIME.
              >
              > The only way of resetting the processes seems to be to refresh the browser's address bar - BUT THIS DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT FOLDERS WILL OPEN AFTERWARDS.
              >
              > This is simply unacceptable.
              >
              > CJB.

            • Sasafrass452

                Message 7 of 23 , Jul 28, 2013
                  OK - Neo Full Featured is the issue - my mistake. And I'm using Chrome on a superfast wifi broadband network.

                  The fact remains that my Yahoo Mail keeps on hanging when I need to open Folders, viz: Drafts / Sent / Spam / Trash / private folders.

                  Mike reports below that this has been an issue for about a month - with a work around that implies that it is 'cured' by deleting an 'email open tab' or two. But I rarely ever have any 'email open tabs.' I don't like them. They are unnecessary. I keep them closed. I like to have a clean display of Inbox only - with only one email open at a time either being read or composed.

                  So most of the time I only have the Inbox displayed, then I click on a Folder, and then nothing happens.

                  But I can't reset or cure the 'bug' because I have no tabs to close. I have to resort to refreshing the browser's address bar - which doesn't always work. This is all incredibly time wasting.

                  BTW I have to monitor the Trash folder because I am still inadvertently 'deleting' emails that I need to keep - quite why there is a conflicting dustbin icon AND a check-box process for is a moot point. And sometimes I need to access the Sent folder to perhaps forward an email to another contact whom I had forgotten when it was first sent. I also need to access Drafts as I am researching the web for information as I build up an email to be sent later. And I need to check Spam because Yahoo tends to put some wanted emails in there - like legit. posts to / from Yahoo Groups (even ones I have sent or received as a Group 'owner.').

                  But if this inability to open Folders has been an issue for over a month why hasn't Yahoo done anything about it?

                  Google Mail works perfectly - 100%. OK - so why don't I change to using that if its so much better? Well because Yahoo Classic was perfect for my needs and it would have been a pain to have to move my entire business and hobbies to another email address. But now the pain is greater in being forced to use the new Yahoo Neo - not fit for purpose - email system. So the change will have to be made - damn it.

                  CJB.

                  My email hangs up as described below and what others have reported, and I've found that if I click on a different folder and it doesn't respond, I close an email message tab and the folder's contents that I want to switch to will show up. I used to do the refresh idea thing and one day closed a tab just to see if the software might be overloaded and presto! It worked. So now all is well and this workaround has been working for about a month now.

                  BUT, it would be nice for Yahoo to fix the underlying issue but have also found that this new version seems to be a work in progress and eventually they will find the bug and exterminate it.

                  The biggest irritation of Neo Full Featured  is the inability to open folders - too many times. Refreshing the browser address bar seems to always display the Inbox.

                  Message 8 of 23 , Jul 29, 2013
                    I use Firefox and the solution or work-around works. and to Chris, why not try to keep a couple tabs open and see if my deal works? can't hurt.

                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Sasafrass452 <Sasafrass452@...> wrote:

                    > Actually, it's "Neo". That's the name of this new version of Yahoo Mail.
                    > "FF" is the browser Firefox. Chris was referring to how the new Yahoo
                    > Mail works in Firefox.
                    >

                    > **Sasafrass452**
                    > http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
                    > http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
                    >
                    > On 07/28/2013 09:22 AM, Mike-Shirley O'Brien wrote:
                    > >
                    > > First of all I'm at a loss to figure out what NERO FF is or stands for
                    > > and as such may be offering a fix of sorts for the wrong product but
                    > > since this is a Yahoo! Mail group I'll go with that assumption.
                    > >
                    > > My email hangs up as described below and what others have reported,
                    > > and I've found that if I click on a different folder and it doesn't
                    > > respond, I close an email message tab and the folder's contents that I
                    > > want to switch to will show up. I used to do the refresh idea thing
                    > > and one day closed a tab just to see if the software might be
                    > > overloaded and presto! It worked. So now all is well and this
                    > > workaround has been working for about a month now.
                    > >
                    > > BUT, it would be nice for Yahoo to fix the underlying issue but have
                    > > also found that this new version seems to be a work in progress and
                    > > eventually they will find the bug and exterminate it.
                    > >
                    > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Y-Mail%40yahoogroups.com>, Chris
                    > > J Brady <chrisjbrady@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > The biggest irritation of Nero FF is the inability to open folders -
                    > > too many times. Refreshing the browser address bar seems to always
                    > > display the Inbox.
                    > > >
                    > > > However when clicking on Drafts / Sent / Spam / Trash / or any
                    > > private folders - this is simply ignored and nothing happens.
                    > > >
                    > > > The URL displayed at the bottom - for ALL folders is something like:
                    > > >
                    > > > http://uk-mg5.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.rand=6aceh9sus8hhl#
                    > > >

                    > > > (the rand being a temporary link to the Mail account being accessed)
                    > > >
                    > > > So there is some internal dynamic process that tries to open and
                    > > list the folder clicked upon.
                    > > >
                    > > > BUT THIS PROCESS IS NOT WORKING FOR TOO MUCH OF THE TIME.
                    > > >
                    > > > The only way of resetting the processes seems to be to refresh the
                    > > browser's address bar - BUT THIS DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT FOLDERS WILL
                    > > OPEN AFTERWARDS.
                    > > >
                    > > > This is simply unacceptable.
                    > > >
                    > > > CJB.

                  • Shal Farley
                    Message 9 of 23 , Jul 29, 2013
                      Chris,

                      > OK - Neo Full Featured is the issue - my mistake. And I'm using Chrome
                      > on a superfast wifi broadband network.

                      I'm using Chrome under Win7 Pro 64-bit, on a LAN connected to a cable modem.

                      > The fact remains that my Yahoo Mail keeps on hanging when I need to open
                      > Folders, viz: Drafts / Sent / Spam / Trash / private folders.

                      I'm not seeing any hanging or other performance issues, but then I only use Yahoo Mail for testing, so I've only around seven hundred messages total.

                      > BTW I have to monitor the Trash folder because I am still inadvertently
                      > 'deleting' emails that I need to keep - quite why there is a conflicting
                      > dustbin icon AND a check-box process for is a moot point.

                      I'm not sure what the origin of your confusion is, but for me the dustbins on each row immediately delete that particular message, the checkboxes mark messages for action by the Delete, Move or other actions. No conflict.

                      > But if this inability to open Folders has been an issue for over a month
                      > why hasn't Yahoo done anything about it?

                      Perhaps because they can't reproduce it.

                      -- Shal
                    • Harryh
                      Message 10 of 23 , Jul 30, 2013
                        Indeed, I've encountered similar errors that seem to relate to a browser/javascript incompatibility - like something not loading from the Yahoo side.  A refresh or restart (new signin) usually works.

                        I've another issue with the neo webmail - often the right-click to open a link or to save an embedded image simply doesn't work.  A browser reload seems to work most of the time but it seems like I need to signin after a delay (maybe server overload?).

                        At any rate much less reliable than any webmail service I have ever used.

                        My issue with some corrupted mail containing attachments continues despite efforts by CustomerCare and Escalation.  I'm moving some of that workload to Gmail where things always work or to Mail.com.  After a bit, I will say goodbye to MailPlus after 10+ years.  Ah, what a fool I've been.  I'll be sending a snail to the CEO about their inability to resolve their server-side issue with some attachment mail.

                        Message 11 of 23 , Jul 31, 2013
                          Thank you for your input.

                          It reminds me that I have been trying to join various mailing lists and forums. Part of this procedure is to apply for membership and create an account or profile. Then you get sent a verification email with an embedded link in it. You need to click on this link to verify the validity of the application and the email address.

                          I have been using this process for years without problems.

                          HOWEVER with Neo FF I have noticed that now I cannot click on the embedded links any more. They do appear in blue and underlined like they used to. But the clickable functionality is no longer there. Indeed the arrow cursor pertains for surrounding text, yet when the cursor is over the link it turns into a non-functioning 'I' shape. It should turn into a 'one fingered salute' icon.

                          Needless to say all works perfectly with Google Mail.

                          CJB.

                          OK - Neo Full Featured is the issue - my mistake. And I'm using Chrome on a superfast wifi broadband network.
                          <snip>

                          Google Mail works perfectly - 100%. OK - so why don't I change to using that if its so much better? Well because Yahoo Classic was perfect for my needs and it would have been a pain to have to move my entire business and hobbies to another email address. But now the pain is greater in being forced to use the new Yahoo Neo - not fit for purpose - email system. So the change will have to be made - damn it.

                          <snip>

                        • Jeffrey Needle

                            --

                            -------------------------
                            Jeffrey Needle
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jul 31, 2013
                              Chris,

                              > HOWEVER with Neo FF I have noticed that now I cannot click on the
                              > embedded links any more. They do appear in blue and underlined like they
                              > used to. But the clickable functionality is no longer there. Indeed the
                              > arrow cursor pertains for surrounding text, yet when the cursor is over
                              > the link it turns into a non-functioning 'I' shape. It should turn into
                              > a 'one fingered salute' icon.

                              Hmm, another difference between us. I'm having no problem with links, the cursor becomes the pointing finger as expected and clicking on them opens a new browser tab for the target page. That's true in the preview pane and if I open the message, and it is true for HTML formatted and plain text message bodies.

                              I'm still wondering what factor(s) in Neo, in our browsers, our computers, or ??? are causing you all these problems that I'm not seeing. It really feels like there's one of those "not plugged in" issues that we're missing.

                              You mentioned Chrome, have you tried other browsers?
                              Have you tried using a different computer or a different location?

                              -- Shal
                              Neo Version: Build number: 2.52.0.8821,
                              Build time: Wed Jul 31 12:38:53 PDT 2013
                              Hostname: nc13.n6b.mail.bf1.yahoo.com
                              Google Chrome Version 28.0.1500.72 m, Win7 Pro 64-bit
                            • Shal Farley
                              Message 14 of 23 , Jul 31, 2013
                                Chris,

                                > Refreshing the browser address bar seems to always display the Inbox.

                                Yup.

                                > However when clicking on Drafts / Sent / Spam / Trash / or any private
                                > folders - this is simply ignored and nothing happens.

                                Mine work, but only one folder at a time. Unlike messages I don't seem to be able to have multiple folders open in tabs (except for forcing a browser tab).

                                > The URL displayed at the bottom - for ALL folders is something like:
                                > http://uk-mg5.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.rand=
                                https://us-mg6.mail.yahoo.com/neo/launch?.rand=

                                Hmm... Maybe there's the elusive difference: being served from the U.K. rather than the U.S. -- Maybe running a different build of the software?

                                -- Shal
                              • Harryh
                                Message 15 of 23 , Aug 1, 2013
                                  Starting mail in a new FF tab usually works.  When it doesn't, I close FF, wait awhile and restart.  It typically works then.  I suspect a server load balancing issue in loading Javascript.  It's lovely to be a Beta tester.

                                  It's NOT likely a browser issue (IMHO).  The same browser session is also being used to access Gmail & links act normally.

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Aug 1, 2013
                                    Harry,

                                    > Starting mail in a new FF tab usually works. When it doesn't, I close
                                    > FF, wait awhile and restart. It typically works then. I suspect a
                                    > server load balancing issue in loading Javascript. It's lovely to be a
                                    > Beta tester.

                                    It may also be the data connection between the JavaScript code and the server, that might be more fragile than the code loading itself.

                                    > It's NOT likely a browser issue (IMHO).

                                    I didn't ask about the browser thinking that there is a bug ("issue") in any of the browsers, but rather as part of the drill-down to see if we can identify the circumstances that cause problems for some users but not others. That's why I posted the Neo version and server ID as well.

                                    > The same browser session is also being used to access Gmail & links act normally.

                                    That may well be true, but it doesn't explain anything: links in message bodies work just fine for me in both Neo and gmail.

                                    -- Shal
                                  • Chris J Brady
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Aug 2, 2013
                                      However I think that the real issue with Neo F is that there is so much Javascript - hard-coded and dynamically generated behind it - that failing a fast connection with 100% integrity - it simply does not work.

                                      Being a hot sunny day yesterday I went from London down to Brighton beach on the train .Up until Neo, i.e. with Classic (and GMail) I could do emails on the train using a Three mobile dongle on my Acer netbook.

                                      Yesterday I couldn't use Neo FF because due to the dynamic nature of the connection - switching from mobile tower to tower beside the track - the Javascript didn't fully load properly.

                                      I don't think that our issues with Neo FF are browser related. The issue is that it has been so poorly designed - it is BLOATED with Javascript. This requires a rock-steady connection; no good for fast (or slow) train travel. And being partly dynamically created - aka 'on the fly' so to speak - the Javascript has to be continually refreshed as you work to create, type in, send, and delete, etc. emails.

                                      It seems that Neo FF has been designed and built by script-kiddies who have no concept of how real users work. They have made the assumption that ALL users have professional kit connected to a rock-steady hi-speed wired broadband service, as I would expect Yahoo to provide its staff with.

                                      I know that when we designed a major airline's booking system we had to consider not only those users who had rock-steady Internet connections via broadband (office and home) but also those who were using mobile devices and less than rock-steady mobile phone connections (like mine), and also weak connections through distant wifi services. We did NOT use Javascript - simply because this is uncompiled, it is interpreted, and therefore slow by definition. And certainly we did not use dynamically created Javascript - it was simply impossible to generate this 'on the fly' without unpredictable bugs.

                                      CJB

                                    • jeff.needle@gmail.com
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Aug 2, 2013
                                        I don't remember if I said this -- I use the Chromebook to read my mail. Embedded links don't work. Likely an extension of the Chrome browser problem, as the Chromebook uses Chrome as its OS.

                                        > Starting mail in a new FF tab usually works. When it doesn't, I close
                                        > FF, wait awhile and restart. It typically works then. I suspect a
                                        > server load balancing issue in loading Javascript. It's lovely to be a
                                        > Beta tester.

                                        It may also be the data connection between the JavaScript code and the server, that might be more fragile than the code loading itself.

                                        > It's NOT likely a browser issue (IMHO).

                                        I didn't ask about the browser thinking that there is a bug ("issue") in any of the browsers, but rather as part of the drill-down to see if we can identify the circumstances that cause problems for some users but not others. That's why I posted the Neo version and server ID as well.

                                        > The same browser session is also being used to access Gmail & links act normally.

                                        That may well be true, but it doesn't explain anything: links in message bodies work just fine for me in both Neo and gmail.

                                        -- Shal

                                           Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

                                      • Harryh
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Aug 2, 2013

                                          >It may also be the data connection between the JavaScript code and the
                                          server, that might be more fragile than the code loading itself.<

                                          How would the user detect that?  What debugging tools exist at the user level?

                                          >I didn't ask about the browser thinking that there is a bug ("issue") in any of the browsers, but rather as part of the drill-down to see if we
                                          >can identify the circumstances that cause problems for some users but
                                          not others. That's why I posted the Neo version and server ID as >well.

                                          My bad.  Customer Care scripts always attack the browser (empty cache, etc), so I might be overly sensitive.  Where do you find Neo version numbers now (I've forgotten the magic location)?

                                          To me the real issue appears to be related to time-of-day which suggests a loading circumstance.  It's not consistent on my end.  Much like the issue of corrupted messages with attachments that even escalation has failed to resolve.  Hundreds of messages come through fine; a few can't be downloaded via web or POP, can't be forwarded, show blank header fields <Action><Show Full Header>.  It's this erratic behavior that is bothersome.

                                          Message 20 of 23 , Aug 2, 2013
                                            Your comments relate back to the earlier notion about Javascript on mobile devices regarding speed.  Script-kiddies is most likely a good label for programmers who seem so impressed with touch and are convinced that mobile is the future.  I wonder if the m.yahoo.com uses the same scripting.  Might be interesting to see.

                                            All of these odd artifacts seem related to various versions of the code as it rolls out among users.  By their very inconsistency it suggests some interaction differences between users and Yahoo.

                                            Ofttimes I wonder if the abandonment of Classic is related to the inability of the current crop of programmers to fully understand the functionality designed into Classic.  They probably couldn't understand all of the coding in Classic so just recreated what they thought Classic did; the original coding staff probably has gone onto better things.  I can recall that a huge application that my organization designed back in Win 3.1/DOS days using the AutoCad api; AutoCad moved on to later versions of Windows which used fewer DOS abstractions.  The development team observed that porting to the later versions would require a complete redo which the end government customer decided was too expensive.  The application then became restricted to select workstations running obsolete software.  A competitor eventually took the work away, porting to XP; of course, the competitor had a good start on the needed functionality derived from our documented and delivered code.

                                            Message 21 of 23 , Aug 3, 2013
                                              Harry,

                                              > How would the user detect that? What debugging tools exist at the user
                                              > level?

                                              Beyond my ken. For either script loading or the data connections -- JavaScript is one language I've never attempted.

                                              > Where do you find Neo version numbers now (I've forgotten the magic
                                              > location)?

                                              Alt-click (left mouse button) on the Yahoo Mail logo gives you a pop-up with the info.

                                              -- Shal
                                            • Harryh
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Aug 3, 2013
                                                Ah ha, my latest says:
                                                Neo Version:
                                                Build number: 2.52.0.8829
                                                Build time: Fri Aug  2 00:41:12 PDT 2013

                                                Hostname: nc34.n6.mail.bf1.yahoo.com
                                                I am stunned.  Does this mean this version was released Friday?  Are there that many changes?

                                                I decided to look at the page source as I was composing this message.  I was amazed to see the amount of material (including the .js stuff), about 300k worth.  Rather odd.  Looking further I see material in the page source from previous messages and even material from previous page views from other sites.  I guess I don't understand why data from a Fandor site would appear in the page view.  I equally am clueless how to parse this page source.

                                                Message 23 of 23 , Aug 3, 2013
                                                  Harry,

                                                  > Build time: Fri Aug 2 00:41:12 PDT 2013
                                                  > I am stunned. Does this mean this version was released Friday? Are
                                                  > there that many changes?

                                                  I believe so. If I recall previous threads here correctly, Yahoo Mail, at least neo, has been on a rapid release schedule for a long time.

                                                  -- Shal