Yet more flaws in new mail

  • Bruce Lund
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2013
      Does it ever end?

      Search function still doesn't work properly, although searching from inbox for emails with same subject appears to have been fixed. However, within Yahoo's "tabs" (and I use that term loosely) you can only have one search tab open. If you have done a search and then do another, it wipes out the first search. And because these are not really tabs with full browser capabilities, you can't even use the back button to get to your original search. It is gone.

      But there is more. (Or less.) From the inbox, new mail in fact has right click functions. It doesn't let you open  an email in a new tab, but it does let you reply, forward and it would appear a long list of other things. Now, it is unclear to me how many times one would want to reply to or forward  an unopened email, although I suppose it could happen. But because people read webmail in a web browser (Duh!) right clicking on a link will also bring down the browser's dropdown menu. Which, at least in FF, means that Yahoo's drop down menu is covered up (and rendered useless) by the the FF drop down menu.

      Did anybody at Yahoo even try to use this disaster before they foisted it on the world?

      Bruce Lund