Re: [Y-Mail] Re: New vs classic

  • Harryh
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 25, 2013
      I've been a long time user of Fastmail and appreciate their unique capabilities for some functions.  I didn't use FM for high volume groups because they had storage limits, but for some things they are much better.

      They allow alias IDs so you can decide (or spoof) and outgoing sender.  You can build filters for inbound alias IDs (or for any other need, like group IDs).  You can build block lists to kill some spammers.  Their spam filtering is as good as Gmail which is better than Yahoo (IMHO).  They allow two interfaces (ala Yahoo) - classic and new.  The new interface groups threads and assembles cross posted messages (identical body content).  It's nice to be able to watch threads ala Gmail.

      Free accounts are available with limits, no POP but IMAP.  Paid accounts have more features (as above) and allow POP or IMAP.  Paid accounts have a mini web storage area for large documents akin to Dropbox.

      Support is responsive.  Years ago they had a major failure but no mail was lost; it just took awhile to get the backlog cleared.  But they were responsive in announcing the issue and continue such status reporting today; it's routine to know what's going on.