Clear all tabs - doesn't ...

  • Chris J Brady
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 21, 2013
      If you end up opening a number of tabs and then decide you want to close them you can use a small drop down arrow menu on the right-hand-side. It has an option Close All Tabs (or something). However if you click on this option it doesn't actually close all tabs - it leaves at least two or three still open. Doh!!
    • Kenneth
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 21, 2013
        Chris,

        "Close All Tabs (or something)"

        It says, "Close All Message Tabs," which is what it does.  The three tabs that remain open are your folder view (e.g., Inbox), Contacts, and Calendar.

        Kenneth

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 21, 2013
          Sorry wrong. I understand that Inbox / Contacts / Calendar are permanent.

          What I am saying is that for me all tabs from opened emails are not closed. One or two are always left open even after clicking on Close All Tabs.

          CJB.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 22, 2013
            Chris,

            I can't reproduce what you're seeing.  I opened 17 messages and then Yahoo! said I had reached the maximum number of tabs.  A pop-up displayed options to either "close all message tabs" or "I'll close them myself".  I selected to close them myself but then instead widened my browser window as I didn't have it maximized.  I then opened four more emails to give me 21 tabs.  Then when I selected the "close all message tabs" option, it closed them all.

            Kenneth

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 22, 2013
              Once again, what are they thinking? (Or are they?) I have virtually no use for having my contacts open. And I use Outlook for my calendar, not Yahoo. So those tabs are just taking up real estate. On the other hand I MIGHT want to have 2 folders open. But THAT they will not let me do. Although I CAN do it if I open another Yahoo mail tab in my browser.

              I really, really, really don't understand why they do not use browser tabs, well established, well designed, instead of creating their own, poorly designed, poorly designed "tabs."

              Bruce Lund