Advertisments In Mail

  • elizabeth_35674
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 21, 2013
      I think they are not concerned with the mail problems because they are to busy trying to cram advertising down your throat!

      When I finally got past the Server Hangup and cleared all my spam, a huge full screen ad jumped up into my face telling me there were single men in my community trying to find a good woman! I have been married almost 50 years, I have all the man I want! Now I keep one unopened spam mail, undeleted, to ward off the full screen spam messages from yahoo. Seems one can't win for loosing!

      Why go to Spam mail in the first place??? Because yahoo keeps throwing my wanted Inbox mail there!!!!! DUH~~~
    • Barbara
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 21, 2013
        Elizabeth,
        Thanks for posting this:

        I think they are not concerned with the mail problems because they are to busy trying to cram advertising down your throat!

        Barbara

      • karenborga@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 21, 2013
          Yes, indeed.

          No matter how many times I tell Yahoo email my own messages are not spam, Yahoo refuses to listen.
          Everyday I have to move wanted messages from spam to my inbox.
          Grrrr!

          The good thing though is Yahoo email is excellent at catching true spam.

          Karen

          *****

          Elizabeth wrote:
          ...Why go to Spam mail in the first place??? Because yahoo keeps throwing my wanted Inbox mail there!!!!! DUH~~~

          Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
        • Donna
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 21, 2013
            I get the ad for single men in my area after I clear out the spam messages from my Spam folder.  But, sometimes when I clear out the Spam Folder I get hit with a Publishers Clearinghouse ad which takes up over half of the length (or would that be width?) of my browser window, with no link back to the inbox.  At least with the available men in my area ad, I still have the link to the inbox.

            Donna

            -

          • Kenneth
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 21, 2013
              Karen,

              How do you move them from spam to your inbox?  If you're just dragging them or using the move drop-down function, that may not be teaching the spamguard to recognize your non-spam as non-spam.  It's probably best to select them and then click the Not Spam button.

              Kenneth

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 22, 2013
                Yesterday, I had replied to this thread about the advertisements.  The most obnoxious one is the Publishers Clearing House one.  Most of the ads that appear do not cover the menu items on the left side of my browser window.  So, I can easily get back to the inbox.  I have attached a picture of the browser window after I have emptied the spam folder.  The menu items on the left have been taken over by the ad.  So far, none of the other ads that appear do that.  To get back to my inbox, I go up to my Bookmarks then click on Yahoo Mail in the drop down menu.

                What I'm wondering is why is it that the PCH is the only ad that overtakes more than half of the browser window?  Does anybody else get this particular ad?  I have never bought anything through PCH.

                Before suggesting that I go back to the Fully Featured version, I have already been there and really do not like it.  Basic is fine for my purposes.  My question is specifically about this one particular ad.

                Donna