Re: constant server hangups

  • fredbisard
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 21, 2013
      yeah,
      same thing here, especially just this morning. had 2 unread messages and it took me 3 reloads on each message to be able to actually read it, delete it and then get back to inbox.

      this is unexcusable and ununsable! going to look and see if there is just a simple way to delete account.

      is that possible?

      thanks

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Donna" <pnwfemale@...> wrote:

      > I get those Server Hangup messages quite often. Not just with sending mail; but, also when I am trying to delete messages or move them to a folder. I've discovered that when I get the server hangup page, I just hit the Reload button on my browser and whatever task Yahoo Mail got stuck on will complete. But, this is an issue that I didn't run into that often with Classic.
      >
      > Donna

    • elizabeth_35674
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 21, 2013
        My Server Hangups is the inability to delete selected messages, so I guess each region has different type of Server Hangups. My navigation seems to be fine...

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Barbara <reillylady@...> wrote:

        > This is a new fault.  It has been happening to me most of the week.
        >
        > Barbara
        >
        > Anyone having problems after reading a message and then not being able to get back to the inbox?  I have had to sign out of my account a number of times because of this fault.
        >

        > ________________________________

      • ray60273
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 21, 2013
          Yahoo promised free email for life.

          They didn't say you would like it.

          They must be trying to drive people away to some pay service

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "fredbisard" <fredbisard@...> wrote:

          > what's this stuff with all these server hang ups, especially when sending mail?
          >
          > this new, unimproved yahoo mail absolutely stinks!

        • Chris J Brady
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 21, 2013
            I'm getting continual 'server' hang-ups when trying to open an email. Time and again I get the Inbox list, I click on an email and the screen goes blank - where it stays for all time. Clicking on Inbox (or any other folder) is ignored, I then have to refresh the Inbox list from the address bar. Again I click on the email of interest, yet all goes blank again, and nothing appears.

            I used to teach computing at College level and the students - all beginners - came up with some interesting but amateurish code and apps. However this Yahoo Neo FF is the worst public system I have ever come across. Its not even in beta or alpha. Its so fundamentally lacking in usability its a farce.

            CJB.

            same thing here, especially just this morning. had 2 unread messages and it took me 3 reloads on each message to be able to actually read it, delete it and then get back to inbox.

            this is unexcusable and ununsable! going to look and see if there is just a simple way to delete account.

            is that possible?

            thanks

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Donna" <pnwfemale@...> wrote:

            > I get those Server Hangup messages quite often. Not just with sending mail; but, also when I am trying to delete messages or move them to a folder. I've discovered that when I get the server hangup page, I just hit the Reload button on my browser and whatever task Yahoo Mail got stuck on will complete. But, this is an issue that I didn't run into that often with Classic.
            >
            > Donna

          • jchan212
            Message 5 of 14 , Jul 21, 2013
              Yeah, I think Marissa Mayer is intentionally trying to sabotage the free Yahoo e-mail service. She's smarter than me, so she must have a plan to fix yahoo by driving away long-time loyal users. All those tumbler hipsters will make yahoo profitable again!

              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 22, 2013
                Kind of stealing my own thread, but is there a simple way to delete your own Yahoo account?

                This stuff is junk. Might as well use that junk Hotmail or that even more junky Live Outlook.

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "fredbisard" <fredbisard@...> wrote:

                > yeah,
                > same thing here, especially just this morning. had 2 unread messages and it took me 3 reloads on each message to be able to actually read it, delete it and then get back to inbox.
                >
                > this is unexcusable and ununsable! going to look and see if there is just a simple way to delete account.
                >
                > is that possible?
                >
                > thanks
                >
                > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Donna" <pnwfemale@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I get those Server Hangup messages quite often. Not just with sending mail; but, also when I am trying to delete messages or move them to a folder. I've discovered that when I get the server hangup page, I just hit the Reload button on my browser and whatever task Yahoo Mail got stuck on will complete. But, this is an issue that I didn't run into that often with Classic.
                > >
                > > Donna

              • Gene Ehrich
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 22, 2013
                  At 07:06 PM 7/21/2013, you wrote:
                  >Yeah, I think Marissa Mayer is intentionally trying to sabotage the
                  >free Yahoo e-mail service. She's smarter than me, so she must have a
                  >plan to fix yahoo by driving away long-time loyal users. All those
                  >tumbler hipsters will make yahoo profitable again!

                  I am a very long time user of POP mail and owner of of many Yahoo
                  Groups which makes it hard to go elsewhere but Yahoo has been driving
                  me crazy for the last six months with constant need to verify
                  subscription many times per day.

                  Gene
                • lswig
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 22, 2013
                    Not only the free service. I pay for mine and it has become just as bad
                    as yours.

                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "jchan212" wrote:

                    > Yeah, I think Marissa Mayer is intentionally trying to sabotage the
                    free Yahoo e-mail service. She's smarter than me, so she must have a
                    plan to fix yahoo by driving away long-time loyal users. All those
                    tumbler hipsters will make yahoo profitable again!

                    > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "ray60273" ray60273@ wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Yahoo promised free email for life.
                    > >
                    > > They didn't say you would like it.
                    > >
                    > > They must be trying to drive people away to some pay service
                    > >
                    > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "fredbisard" wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > what's this stuff with all these server hang ups, especially when
                    sending mail?

                    > > > this new, unimproved yahoo mail absolutely stinks!

                  • Kenneth
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jul 22, 2013
                      To delete your Yahoo! account, go to the following:

                      https://edit.yahoo.com/config/delete_user?

                      You'll be prompted to enter your password to display this account termination page but then, once you do, you'll just need to enter some verification text that proves you're not a robot and then you're a click away from termination.

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jul 23, 2013
                        I think that is exactly it Fred..They do have a paid mail service and I have purchased it , although I do not like it any better, and they are trying to drive us there!!! EXACTLY...Its just like Browser Updates, when its time to update nothing wooks right any more and I think That is done by The servers...they make your old not to work so you will update quicker!