Yet another TWO malfunctions in Y-Mail

  • Bruce Lund
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 20, 2013
      It boggles the mind. If I try to search for emails, the results appear to exclude all results for 2013 EXCEPT from the sent folder. So, I can see what I SENT, but not what I received.

      But it is more bizarre than that. I was somewhat pleased that Y-mail includes a hidden search icon at the end of each subject line in the inbox so you can search for emails with the same subject line. Ideal for following a discussion, for instance a thread in this group. So, I clicked on it. And sure enough, it excluded EVERYTHING except emails that I had sent. It even missed the email from which I clicked the search button..

      Then there is the paste button. Again, a right click function. Because I knew I was sending this email, I copied (with some delay) the email address from another post and tried to paste it into my TO line for this email. No go. Had to edit/paste.

      Y-mail is looking more and more like a beta (or even alpha) testing product, not like a flagship offering for an established tech company.

      Bruce Lund
    • adeomus ********
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 21, 2013

         gotta agree...a test product.

        so...maybe that's why the speed has improved slightly for the last little while, and
        now i can " select" 50 to 98 posts on the inbox  !!
        the number is inexplicable, when i click on the white box beside the "sort by date" button..
        but i'll take it as an improvement !
        at this point i'll take any little improvement !

        but why " test product" when classic had all kinds of things we would consider improvements tried and true ??

        adds

        -- George MacDonald