Re: [Y-Mail] POP Mail has stopped working

  • Shal Farley
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 17, 2013
      Gene,

      > I am using latest release of Eudora under Windows 7...

      I'm assuming Eudora Classic 7.1.0.9 rather than Eudora OSE 1.0 (modified
      Thunderbird).

      > POP mail from Yahoo had been working fine except the semi regular
      > request from Yahoo to resign in to Yahoo. When I got to Yahoo I was
      > signed on but resigning in allowed POP mail on my computer to work
      > fine again...

      That's already pretty odd. The Persona you set up in Eudora stores the
      password to access the POP server, there should be no way for that to be
      connected to whether you're signed in to Yahoo's web interface. If those
      two do interact then Yahoo is doing something screwy which isn't normal
      for email services.

      > POP mail has stopped working on my computer. I get the message
      > "Incorrect user name or password MBR1212.

      It is possible that Eudora's memory of the password for that account has
      been corrupted, but I'm surprised Eudora itself isn't prompting you to
      re-enter the password for that persona -- that's what it usually does to
      me anytime there's been a password failure.

      > Is anyone else having the same problem

      I've read a few other complaints. One person suggested that Eudora can't
      handle some of the newer authentication protocols, or handles them
      incorrectly, and has become incompatible with those email services that
      require the newer protocols. And Yahoo may have recently made just such
      a change.

      You might write down your current settings (both tabs) and try different
      settings, particularly the authentication controls.

      Sorry I can't be of any actual help, I don't have POP access to my Yahoo
      Mail.

      -- Shal